Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th September 2020, 09:40   #11
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

My 2005 ZT diesel auto is ULEZ AND LEZ compliant, weirdly.

I don't think anyone who doesn't have to drives in London. There is perfectly good transport for us "locals".

I have driven in London some years ago (before they reduced lanes, etc.) and even then it took getting used to again as other drivers come at you, cut you up, drive like hoons all until the next set of traffic lights. Certainly heightens the senses!

I'm a cyclist as well. I often laugh when I sit at traffic lights by Chelsea bridge. Next to me is an Audi R8 V10 / Lamborghini Aventador / BMW M5. They promptly shoot off when the lights change and hoon off along the embankment. I pedal off and we meet around Blackfriars with them sitting in traffic until the Tower. I shoot past. All very pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti car. Far from it. But, logical, personal transport decisions are often required.

First, they changed the traffic light signalling to deter cars, now it's the ULEZ, lane removal. Eventually they will pedestrianise London totally, except for taxis and deliveries.
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2020, 11:35   #12
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykay View Post
Yikes. I didn't know they had changed it.

That sucks.
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2020, 20:57   #13
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Well seeing as the the Covid restrictions have put paid to large Christmas lunch family gatherings I'm off up to the smoke on Christmas day for a free drive round all the sights.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:16   #14
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
London is an awful place.I think being charged to enter into it is an absolute disgrace, particularly with Citizen Khan doing all he can to make the roads almost impossible to traverse except if you walk or cycle.
Euston Road a prime example, two lanes, now one lane. It was very busy before he reduced lane capacity. Now, it's pure madness.
Ask any London cabbie.
Other cities/towns near you will be charging (congestion or emissions). I believe Bath and Oxford have been given the go-ahead!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:39   #15
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Congestion is the product of a country who's population is twice what it should be for comfort and the size of the place.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote