Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th September 2020, 10:11   #41
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The longer this guessing game goes on the more serious it gets. Blind faith in some divine intervention is one thing. Abject surrender to proven false prophets is quite another. There are so many ridiculous quack remedies being touted it's positively medieval. Possibly, and highly arguably, for similar reasons.

So what happens to infectious particles when exhaled? Do they fall to the ground within a couple of feet, or project less than 6' then fall? These current ones are reputed to be the very very very smallest things in the known universe aren't they? So almost weightless. At the least, lighter than a feather? Or a grain of sand? They could go horizontally for miles on normal vector currents. So 6' is no more than a hiccup or spit - no pun. No joke either.

Go out wherever you want to. Whenever you want to. Just wear your blessed mask if you want to. If you get infected, it's your fault.

Just like any other malady, stay away from others you don't know and if it's not your habit or culture, adopt a different one. Life is a bitc.. sometimes, get over yourself.

The damage from now-neglected illnesses and just waiting around the corner, with massively bigger problems attaching, is far more dangerous and misery- producing. And it will be for years to come, long after this flu is in the history books - those by Hans Christian Anderson.
Old 27th September 2020, 10:35   #42
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Had this sent to me (attached).

Kind of puts things into perspective!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 1.jpg (69.4 KB, 45 views)
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2020, 10:27   #43
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

NHS sent a text message to my old Nokia 6310i saying that I should download the new tracing app. The only thing Bluetooth does on this old phone is connect to Bluetooth enabled printers.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2020, 13:37   #44
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Stranger than fiction, thousands of police have been ordered not to download the App onto their work phones, only to their own phones.

A spokesperson said it was not for security reasons although there is not a blanket ban on other Apps, that might even be classed as frivolous, being downloaded to work phones.
This is just a snippet of what is going on, the Iceberg principle looms.

The naivete of the general public is limitless and born of inherent trust. But the assumption of it by governments is criminally insulting, especially as the country is now by Law under virtual house arrest.
Old 29th September 2020, 14:21   #45
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
Had this sent to me (attached).

Kind of puts things into perspective!
Anyone see the graphic in the last issue of the Sunday Times? Also gave a great perspective. Apparently the sensitivity of the Covid testing has been increased to avoid false negatives. The downside is there are now huge numbers of false positives created by trying to err on the side of safety. As Chris Whitty once said(or it might have been Patrick Vallance); directly to a journalist, when intercepting a press question for Boris, 'what you have to understand is that there is no scenario without risk.' I feel the risk is not best managed by locking everything down. That is simply not sustainable. There is carnage in the economy, much of it to properly manifest over the next few months. The private sector is being decimated and in turn the future tax take, which actually funds the army of public sector workers currently drawing full salary. Those dictating the loss of our freedoms are all either independently wealthy or on 100% of their large government paychecks. They are able to go for years with only minor financial consequences for them personally. Let those who feel invulnerable go about business in a sensible way. Work towards 'Covid free hospitals for the vast backlog of non-Covid work. Properly shield the vulnerable and get a grip on testing where testing really matters like Care Homes. 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions' comes to mind.

Last edited by edwardmk; 29th September 2020 at 14:32..
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2020, 17:41   #46
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

You could always invite 30 people to the turkeys funeral....

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2020, 19:51   #47
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
So good. Spontaneous lol. Wife wondering if I'm alright.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2020, 08:34   #48
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Can I come? Never seen a circular coffin with big breasts.
Old 30th September 2020, 13:57   #49
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Well I've now got my first smartphone and have downloaded the NHS app. I've no issues of having my movements traced, but if I do get a call from Track & Trace they will have to tell me when and where I was when I came into contact with an infected person (something that I i understand will not be done) but this would be the only way I could prove their call was genuine, not from a scammer.
Alternatively I leave the phone at home or switch it off - I believe just switching the bluetooth off is sufficient?)
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2020, 19:46   #50
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Banham Poultry and Bernard Matthews will be short staffed due to all the positive tests! Many at home "isolating" with who knows how many others. Workers are also "bussed in" from Great Yarmouth and surrounding areas!

I wonder if they have the app?