Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2021, 08:24   #651
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I wonder if you will need to show your vaccination certificate to go to the cinema or any other place where there are groups of people, can you imagine one person with covid going to a concert in a stadium? We will be back to where we are at the moment.
Old 6th January 2021, 08:54   #652
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I wonder if you will need to show your vaccination certificate to go to the cinema or any other place where there are groups of people, can you imagine one person with covid going to a concert in a stadium? We will be back to where we are at the moment.
I think the days of big crowds at stadia etc are a long way away,it will be very difficult to enforce,data protection and all that

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Old 6th January 2021, 09:00   #653
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is required for anyone entering or leaving Kenya. 10 December, our last flight in and out of Kenya, everyone on the plane had to be tested negative for Covid.

Travel documents:

Yellow Fever Certificate
Negative Covid Cert.
Covid 19 Vaccination Cert. (I can see it being mandatory for international flights)

On the flight, we were all packed in with no social distancing but all of the passengers had to wear a mask at all times. To comply with those regulations was no hardship.

I won’t say who, but a member sent a pm and said how the Covid virus is sent from the communists, I have not yet replied.

As you have been to Kenya Clive, I thought I would include the latest from Kenya.

Four more people died of Covid 19 related ailments as 64 others tested positive to the highly infectious viral disease over the last 24 hours.

The fresh infections were detected from a sample size of 1,852 bringing to 96,678 the number of confirmed positive cases in the country.

The cumulative tests are now 1,052,836. From the cases 59 are Kenyans while 5 are foreigners. 35 are males and 29 females. The youngest is a six-year-old child while the oldest is 81.

55 patients have recovered from the disease, 41 being from the Home-Based Care Program, while 14 have been discharged from various hospitals. The total recoveries now stand at 79, 012.

“Unfortunately, 4 patients succumbed to the disease bringing the cumulative fatalities to 1,685, read a statement from the Ministry of Health.

Currently, there are 657 patients admitted in various health facilities countrywide and 2,989 on Home Based Isolation and Care. 29 patients are in Intensive Care Unit (ICU), 14 of whom are on ventilatory support and 12 on supplemental oxygen. 3 are on observation.

Another 19 patients are separately on supplementary oxygen and 19 others are in the general wards. None is in HDU.
Old 6th January 2021, 09:51   #654
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulkhead View Post

Best wishes with the bickering, aggressive challenging and social interaction, sorry for any offence taken for any posts that I have made, there will not be any more. I will just be posting and reading car related content.
I can understand your message but your presence is valued, even without input. To maintain some level of balance any forum needs those who can provide another point of view, If people just stepped aside, we would fall towards one side, a sad state. I have always tried to encourage my children to only"open their mouths " if they are 100% sure of their facts, only 99% ? then don't comment. Most of us would admit to have made ill-judged comments at some stage.
Old 6th January 2021, 12:49   #655
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
So many people will have been lucky not to have been affected by the virus, so logically with the reduction in restrictions, they will and in some cases already be "out on the town".
The virus is still out there and many, many people will still have to meet it, subsequently enduring the losses and trauma, the nursing staff will still have to work their socks off.

Stay very wary of those around you and your loved ones, this has a long way to run. IMHO.[/

Great post. This virus has caused a worldwide disaster and it is real. The $64000 dollar question is 'Where did it really come from?' I personally don't believe it's naturally occurring. It's a lab creation, and that will become more evident with hindsight. Please check out this very interesting link on 'Gain of function virus research'. I have signed their petition since to me the risks of meddling with enhancing a virus artificially to make it more deadly to humans by any lab outweigh any benefits. It used to be called bioweapons research but now it's been sanitised to read biodefense work.
https://advocacy.organicconsumers.or...1?locale=en-US
Old 6th January 2021, 13:03   #656
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Best View Post
According to the latest news there are one million cases in the country as we speak.
You have to ask the question will the vaccine rollout be quick enough to be effective, or will herd immunity be first past the post?

Grim thought isn't it
Probably/hopefully that won't happen - it would be indicative of a complete collapse of the vaccination programme.
I came across a fairly clear breakdown of the wider health impacts of the virus some weeks back. It's from the US, so I haven't included the hospitalisation figures, but the rest reads as follows.

For every 1 who dies:
18 of those will have permanent heart damage for the rest of their lives
10 will have permanent lung damage
3 will have strokes
2 will have neurological damage that leads to chronic weakness and loss of coordination
2 will have neurological damage that leads to loss of cognitive function

UK deaths to date are just under 77000, so this means that the corresponding figures should be:
1,386,000 people with permanent heart damage, in addition to those who would have suffered this before the pandemic
770,000 more with permanent lung damage
231,000 more stroke victims
154,000 more people with neurological damage that leads to chronic weakness and loss of coordination

Hopefully this will help those who argue that the herd immunity approach is the one to pursue, on the basis that the death rate of "only" 1-2%, to understand what the costs of failing to restrict the spread of the virus really are.

I also saw from the NHS's own reports HERE that in England alone - i.e. not including figures for Scotland, Wales or NI - the total number of hospitalisations just with Covid (i.e. not any of the other reasons people might end up in hospital) had risen in the ten days between December 17th and December 27th from 1873 to 2572.

Another report, linked from the same page, showed that on December 2nd, in England the number of NHS staff absent due to Covid sickness or self-isolation was 32280.
A Nigerian mother of three
Old 8th January 2021, 21:50   #657
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My youngest son is an EMT ( Ambulance driver ) and reckons it is beyond crazy in Oxfordshire, no breaks and 3 or 4 hours extra per shift are the new normal. Yesterday he started at 6am and apart from a McDonalds at 12 he didn't stop until 9pm. He was in again at 6am today and hasnt finished yet. They have several crews off because of self isolation or positive Covid tests so it has put more load on the rest.

Sunday they had a women call them out because she could not find her insulin, when they arrived she had found it and had forgotten to cancel the call. They had a women in labour call in as her husband didnt feel fit to drive ''because of the situation'' When they arrived he was tucking into a Chinese Takeaway that he had obvioulsy been out to collect.

We are now paying for Christmas, how many people thought it would be OK and are now in a bad way?
Old 9th January 2021, 17:56   #658
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
So is that around 900,000 people infected in London Clive?

Now that really is an alarming rate of infection
1,000 per 100,000 is I believe 1%

The population of London around 20,000,000

1% being 200,000----

Brian, where are you ??????

Last edited by COLVERT; 8th May 2021 at 21:47..
Old 9th January 2021, 18:11   #659
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Channel 4 News yesterday were doing a piece about a hospital in Wales, during which they interviewed one of the nurses. She recounted how she'd managed to have the weekend off after New Year's, and came back to find that forty of her Covid patients had died. Taking a four week average timespan from infection to death, that goes back to early December when the daily case rates were around 28000. They've been hovering between 58000-62000 in recent days. I can't imagine how frontline medical staff are coping with this level of grief and trauma.
A Nigerian mother of three
Old 9th January 2021, 18:27   #660
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
I can't imagine how frontline medical staff are coping with this level of grief and trauma.
They're not really, they are struggling. My wife is a nurse, the pressure they are under is unreal. What doesn't help is the shortage of staff, vacancies due to illness etc are usually covered internally within the ward by overtime or bank staff (general pool of staff available for overtime) but very, very few are willing to put themselves at additional risk by doing overtime in the current situation. More often than not my wife gets home from a 12 hour shift with her food untouched because she simply didn't have time to sit and eat it.

T4 Location Map
Closed Thread