Notices

Old 19th April 2024, 15:07   #174161
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Maya has a bad case of small dog syndrome. Great with us and friends but anyone else "WHO ARE YOU . . . . WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!". Pops can be a bit grumpy but Suzy is the most laid back dog I've ever known. If Maya or Pops start barking at something Suzy just lifts her head "if you need a hand let me know!".
Sick and tired of hobbling around with a crutch, fall happened two weeks ago. I'm getting stir crazy. I've phoned the surgery more than once but just get told to phone NHS 24. I've done that and they told me to go to A&E but its not an emergency so I'd need to make my own way there, I'm not that mobile, still don't think I could get there under my own steam.

Speaking of A&E I took my missus to Bolton A&E at 10:30am this morning as she's still in pain from the fall last week, They said there's at least a six-hour wait so she said there's no point in you staying here all that time go & do the shopping & I'll give you a ring to pick me up when they're done, I packed an overnight bag for her too just in case.

She's still in there waiting to be x-ray'd.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2024, 17:21   #174162
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Speaking of A&E I took my missus to Bolton A&E at 10:30am this morning . . . . She's still in there waiting to be x-ray'd.
That's one reason I'm not keen on going up. I had to go one morning after dropping a bunker lid on my finger, you'd imagine it would be quiet on a Monday morning, I was there for seven hours!

To be honest I'd love to get a once over and especially get some decent painkillers but I'm not mobile enough to get myself there and they won't provide transport because its non emergency. Only one neighbour drives (only 4 cottages), they're at work all day and at their daughter's most evenings, ain't paying 25-30 quid each way for a taxi, hospital bus terminus to A&E is a longer walk than I can manage.

I'm ok for an hour max after I get up in the morning then the pain kicks in but . . . . at random times during the day the pain disappears then, dunno why, bang, back it comes. No pain sitting or lying down, walking is either fine or agony depended on whether the pain has kicked in again or not. I hate being stuck in the house, I go out just about every day even if its just along to the shops, haven't been out for two weeks

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2024, 17:32   #174163
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
That's one reason I'm not keen on going up. I had to go one morning after dropping a bunker lid on my finger, you'd imagine it would be quiet on a Monday morning, I was there for seven hours!

To be honest I'd love to get a once over and especially get some decent painkillers but I'm not mobile enough to get myself there and they won't provide transport because its non emergency. Only one neighbour drives (only 4 cottages), they're at work all day and at their daughter's most evenings, ain't paying 25-30 quid each way for a taxi, hospital bus terminus to A&E is a longer walk than I can manage.

I'm ok for an hour max after I get up in the morning then the pain kicks in but . . . . at random times during the day the pain disappears then, dunno why, bang, back it comes. No pain sitting or lying down, walking is either fine or agony depended on whether the pain has kicked in again or not. I hate being stuck in the house, I go out just about every day even if its just along to the shops, haven't been out for two weeks

Just got back in, Eight bloomin' hours it's taken & when I went to pick her up the place was still choc-a-bloc. It's no wonder people aren't keen on going to A&E unless absolute neccessary.

The X-ray showed she had fractured her hip but they said it'll heal on it's own & wont need surgery,
She saw the social services people & they gave her two new Zimmer frames, one for upstairs & one for downstairs plus a new commode chair.

She got lots more painkillers to cope with the pain too.

It'll be ping meals for tea, Meatball lasagne & a garlic baguette.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote