Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd August 2018, 12:40   #1
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Default wATERPROOF GAZEBO REVIEWS SUGGESTIONS

As per title really, I've posted in the events section (AND APPOLOGIES IF YOURE A 260'S MEMBER AND HAVE SEEN IT ALREADY )as I figured you guys that frequent events regularly were the most likely to have experiance of Gazebos etc.

I have a decent shed/workshop that is currently chocker block so full of storage stuff that theres no room for any creation or project work to take place, I'm VERY slow on my feet and cant stand for more than an hour without severe pain and stiffness requiring long rest periods, so im stuck in a catch 22 of not being able to build the storage and bench etc, that would enable me to get the shed/storage area squared away , enabling the maximum storage capacity and then getting a small work area built. So I'm looking for a waterproof Gazeebo or any other solution suggested appreciated that would enable me to have tools and supplies out side the shedfor a period of time whilst i do the work to creat the shelving etc..

please does anyone have any experiance they can offer with the waterproofness (or not) of any of the cheaper offerings from the likes of Lidle and Aldi?? or any other sellers, etc..

Clearly they are cheap and cheerful and expressly meant for sun shade rather than weather protection etc.. but as I need to know that elec tools and some consumables etc.are reasonably protected for a whileas i cant get stuff cleared up quickly if the inclement weather resumes..

so all experiances welcome also has anyone waterproofed with a spray or other method, one of the cheaper Gazebo's?? I'm only after a 2.5m x3m or there abouts and some sides availability woyuld be advantageous too
REALLY LOOKING FOR ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIANCES though if youve seen a bargain i guess that helps too
Discuss
Cheers Nick
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2018, 13:15   #2
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOCTURNAL View Post
As per title really, I've posted in the events section (AND APPOLOGIES IF YOURE A 260'S MEMBER AND HAVE SEEN IT ALREADY )as I figured you guys that frequent events regularly were the most likely to have experiance of Gazebos etc.

I have a decent shed/workshop that is currently chocker block so full of storage stuff that theres no room for any creation or project work to take place, I'm VERY slow on my feet and cant stand for more than an hour without severe pain and stiffness requiring long rest periods, so im stuck in a catch 22 of not being able to build the storage and bench etc, that would enable me to get the shed/storage area squared away , enabling the maximum storage capacity and then getting a small work area built. So I'm looking for a waterproof Gazeebo or any other solution suggested appreciated that would enable me to have tools and supplies out side the shedfor a period of time whilst i do the work to creat the shelving etc..

please does anyone have any experiance they can offer with the waterproofness (or not) of any of the cheaper offerings from the likes of Lidle and Aldi?? or any other sellers, etc..

Clearly they are cheap and cheerful and expressly meant for sun shade rather than weather protection etc.. but as I need to know that elec tools and some consumables etc.are reasonably protected for a whileas i cant get stuff cleared up quickly if the inclement weather resumes..

so all experiances welcome also has anyone waterproofed with a spray or other method, one of the cheaper Gazebo's?? I'm only after a 2.5m x3m or there abouts and some sides availability woyuld be advantageous too
REALLY LOOKING FOR ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIANCES though if youve seen a bargain i guess that helps too
Discuss
Cheers Nick

Try Dancover not cheap but good quality.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 05:36   #3
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Try Dancover not cheap but good quality.

Rev
Thanks,
added to my research list,

size is now confirmed at 2.5 * 2.5m
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 07:26   #4
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

This is what I take to the Midlands nano to keep off the sun . It has proved to be waterproof also .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3x9m-Larg...SQY_muQDSHeWfw

Too big for you?

Maybe something like this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pop-up-Ga...I55NujyZHfokXw

I guess it depends upon how long you're anticipating keeping stuff in there and how severe, or not, this winter is.

Good luck with the search.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 07:51   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOCTURNAL View Post
Discuss
Cheers Nick

I have a large garage with a large workshop I built onto the back end of it. Spaced away from it and alongside it, I have a large garden hut. I entirely paved over that area, between those buildings and bought a large tarp..

I added screw in eyes as fixings, so that the tarp fixes along the garage side, along the front of the hut. So two sides fixed and supported. For the loose corner of the other two sides, I support it with a surplus caravan awning pole, pulled taut by a guy rope. It works fine as a bit of sheltered outside working space, to keep the sun and rain off, but I wouldn't trust it in much wind.

A few years ago we actually bought an Aldi gazebo, it was hopeless in the slightest wind. It would worry me having any gazebo up for any extended time, because we live in quite a windy location.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote