Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th February 2019, 12:29   #1
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Fog lights conversion

Hello guys, I would like to do a angel eye conversion for my fog lights on my own and wanted to ask if you know if these would fit and what else should I know before starting the conversion. Link here:

Link
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 17:24   #2
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

If the hole is the same size, yes.

It will require some re engineering of the mounting brackets.

You will have to cut off original fog connector and fit you own, Tyco are good in such places.
You need to wire the halo rings so they go off when you turn on the sidelights (10A SMD type Songle will do).

Halo ring+to NC
IGN + to COM.
+ from a sidelight to coil +.
- to coil -
NO not used

When you turn on the IGN, 12v will pass through the NC and power the halo's. When you turn on the sidelights, 12v from the sidelight will power the relay coil, opening the NC, turning the halo's off.
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 08:41   #3
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Well the electrical and connectors part won't be a problem for me becausr I can figure that very easily out by myself, problem is, how do I get the new projector inside the old fog lights housing and also after getting it in how do I make it stay in there properly aligned
Old 20th February 2019, 10:32   #4
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
problem is, how do I get the new projector inside the old fog lights housing and also after getting it in how do I make it stay in there properly aligned

I don't believe these units are intended to go inside a foglamp housing. Most foglamps aren't separable in a manner similar to the headlamps for example. The MGR foglamps cerainly aren't splittable in any practical way. The idea with these projectors is to use the brackets supplied in the kit and fit the projector units in place of or where any existing foglamps normally be.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 10:59   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
I don't believe these units are intended to go inside a foglamp housing. Most foglamps aren't separable in a manner similar to the headlamps for example. The MGR foglamps cerainly aren't splittable in any practical way. The idea with these projectors is to use the brackets supplied in the kit and fit the projector units in place of or where any existing foglamps normally be.

TC

Why not just use the oem fogs as DRL's if that's the look you're going for using a relay
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 12:33   #6
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Because angel eyes look slick haha. So T-Cut, are you suggesting to simply take the fog lights out and switch them with these instead? I think that would leave a gap at the inner side between the new fog lights and the lower grille, which with the original fog lights doesn't happen because the glass is built at an angle to say so. I think it's still possible to fit these inside the original housing because as far as I can see, Rick-sta is doing this, but I don't think he would give out his method because he's doing these things as a business
Old 20th February 2019, 20:49   #7
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
I think it's still possible to fit these inside the original housing because as far as I can see, Rick-sta is doing this, would give out his method because he's doing these things as a business

As said, the foglamps aren't designed to be separated, but that doesn't mean it can't be done with a little determination. Most people wouldn't tackle it, but if you can defeat the lens bonding, you can work on the insides. As I recall, the lens is glass and the rear case is diecast alloy or maybe a GRP. You have to work on the resin than bonds them. I suppose it could be a thermoplastic type. Basically, you have to be prepared to sacrifice/possibly lose a lamp to find out

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote