Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th March 2019, 16:22   #41
bluebird
Passed Away

Trophy Blue ZT T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
This might be one of those occasions where a dash cam (secreted in the car) and aimed appropriately may be of use for once?
Or ... have a shock sensor fitted, at least you may stand a chance of catching them at it .
Three or four local members hiding in a car just up the road would be better.
Old 8th March 2019, 17:59   #42
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Everyone is aware of dashcams now so effectiveness is reduced. I would guess this happens late at night so how about a motion sensitive flood light fixed to the upper floor wall coupled to an indoor trip infrared movie camera inside the bedroom window?
Old 12th March 2019, 21:25   #43
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

As a person who does not attend to the bedroom until around 01.00am, and then sometimes much later, I had my Montego broken into while having a wash before going to bed one night. The alarm went off. Rushed downstairs and watched a little tur* jump into an XR3 Red, and shoot off up the road. I decided that if they came back, nothing had been taken, I would be waiting for them. I decided to cover myself up on the back seat and see if anyone came back. Did it for two nights but no one returned. I wish they had. One of them most certainly would not have walked away. My motto is, if the police can not do anything about todays society, then I can defend my property with the legal requirement of minimum force. Does anyone know what that is? No, nor do i. So you have to be ready for the worst case scenario. I was.

Last edited by bl52krz; 12th March 2019 at 21:26.. Reason: Spellcheck
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 05:19   #44
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
As a person who does not attend to the bedroom until around 01.00am, and then sometimes much later, I had my Montego broken into while having a wash before going to bed one night. The alarm went off. Rushed downstairs and watched a little tur* jump into an XR3 Red, and shoot off up the road. I decided that if they came back, nothing had been taken, I would be waiting for them. I decided to cover myself up on the back seat and see if anyone came back. Did it for two nights but no one returned. I wish they had. One of them most certainly would not have walked away. My motto is, if the police can not do anything about todays society, then I can defend my property with the legal requirement of minimum force. Does anyone know what that is? No, nor do i. So you have to be ready for the worst case scenario. I was.
And the screwdriver or knife they are carrying finishes up embedded in you .Not very wise imho.
tantallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 12:48   #45
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantallon View Post
And the screwdriver or knife they are carrying finishes up embedded in you .Not very wise imho.

No it hurts a lot! I had 36 stitches above my eye where a little toe rag stuck a screwdriver in me while I tried to stop him nicking my car.

At least he had the sense to run home while I was chasing him so I got to know where he lived.