Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2012, 20:03   #11
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Yes the same people who get complimentary cup final tickets for their one game a year, and you will also
see them at the Olympics in the best seats

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 22:06   #12
alexalex
Regular poster

Connoisseur SE CDT Auto Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
yet again the FA have completely ignored the majority of the fans choice as England coach
Really?? Do most of the England fans want Arry or is that just what we're all told on a daily basis by his mates at The Sun/Star/Sport etc?

While I've enjoyed watching spurs over the past few years I genuinely think Redknapp is a very limited manager and the only thing he would bring to the England set up at this summers Euros is the possibility of getting the players a bit 'fired up' because he's a right ol cockney geeza who's just like one of the lads innit...

Can you really see him coming up with a plan to beat the likes of Spain, Germany or Holland or would he just opt for good old 4-4-2 with a big man up top and then bemoan his 'wafer thin' squad when things didnt go his way?

I'm not a huge fan of Hodgson myself, especially when you consider that the likes of Guardiola, Benitez and Villas Boas are currently looking for their next gig and others like Mourinho, Hiddink and Biesla could've at least been sounded out for the job, but it may well be that he's the right man for the job because he's a fairly average manager and England are, let's face it, a fairly average team.

IMO Englands level is about the quarter finals (maybe semi's with a bit of luck) and I'm sure Hodgson will get them to that level without too much fuss. I'm sure 'Arry would do the same but it will cost a hell of a lot more

Given that the FA have been slaughtered in the press for massively expensive England manager contracts in the past and Capello was also slaughtered despite having the highest win ratio in recent times (ever?) is it any surprise that they've gone for the 'safe' option this time?
alexalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 22:15   #13
Johnny the Fox
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Saloon and MGF SE

Thing is lads it is not 66 and we don’t have the likes of that team such as Moore, Hurst ,Peters,Bobby and Jack Charlton,Stiles,Ball et al. Those boys played for their country, with pride and passion. Unfortunately time has moved on and the style and pace of the game has moved on. The fans haven't we seem to think that it is our god given right to win the World Cup and the Euros, but we haven’t got a team we have highly paid individuals who care more for their club football than for the national side as compared to their club salaries playing for England pays a pittance.
Old 30th April 2012, 22:18   #14
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexalex View Post

Can you really see him coming up with a plan to beat the likes of Spain, Germany or Holland or would he just opt for good old 4-4-2 with a big man up top and then bemoan his 'wafer thin' squad when things didnt go his way?
Yes I can,Like Brian Clough before him Harry's strength is motivation and man management,he could get a team of dustmen playing well.Take a look at his record and the brand of football all his clubs have played.Entertaining,exiting attacking football,usually finishing with right result.You answered your own question really when you said how much you enjoyed watching Spurs.I have to agree,and that is coming from a Gooner

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 22:26   #15
Johnny the Fox
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Saloon and MGF SE

Quote:
Yes I can,Like Brian Clough before him Harry's strength is motivation and man management,he could get a team of dustmen playing well.Take a look at his record and the brand of football all his clubs have played.Entertaining,exiting attacking football,usually finishing with right result.You answered your own question really when you said how much you enjoyed watching Spurs.I have to agree,and that is coming from a Gooner
Harry’s teams have always played that way, as a Hammers fan i should know, but unfortunately for Harry, he lacks a plan B when things don’t go to plan.
Old 30th April 2012, 22:37   #16
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny the Fox View Post
Harry’s teams have always played that way, as a Hammers fan i should know, but unfortunately for Harry, he lacks a plan B when things don’t go to plan.
Plan A is usually good enough

Harry says publically that the England job distraction didn't affect their form,I'm sure privately he thinks differently.Spurs were flying up untill Capello's resignation,coincidence I think not.

Old 30th April 2012, 22:51   #17
alexalex
Regular poster

Connoisseur SE CDT Auto Diesel

Quote:
Harry says publically that the England job distraction didn't affect their form,I'm sure privately he thinks differently.Spurs were flying up untill Capello's resignation,coincidence I think not.
I'm sure it did play a big part. Losing Lennon didn't help either. Neither did shoe-horning Van Der Vaart into the team on the right wing when he came back from injury... Or letting Bale roam into the middle at every opportunity when he started thinking he was the new Ronaldo even though he was most effective out wide... or shipping our all but one of his full backs and all his reserve wingers and so on...it's those kind of things - a lack of foresight and a plan B that will keep Harry at a certain level for a good while yet and why I think he'd struggle to do any more with the England squad than Hodgson
alexalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 20:05   #18
yelnats
Avid contributor

MGZT-T CDTI+135 AUTO

Opinions are all very well but the die is now cast,for 4 years,and we should give the guy our support.He will need it to get the best out of what are ,by top international standards,a mediocre bunch of players,made to look better than they are by playing,at club level,with technically superior foreign players.
With respect,we do seem to be overlooking that a significant part of his brief is to reside at St.Georges Park,and preside over the skills and technical development of the next generation of young players and his ability in this aspect was presumably considered by his appointers.
So he's there for the long haul,and on that basis,I expect him to do well,but he deserves our patience.
yelnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 20:18   #19
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

What I'd like to know is who appoints the 'Old Farts' at the FA?

Old 1st May 2012, 20:32   #20
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts
Default From someone who does'nt give a !!!!

I actually think you will be surprised by his results !!.

He seems to fit the criteria required of an international manager , his results when he was the swiss boss were very good and in fact were the best they had for 30 years .

I can see him taking you to the euro semi finals with the right quarter final draw .

At the end of the day it's the players who define what happens on the park .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote