Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th September 2020, 23:14   #11
It runs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Just a quick one . Firstly hope you have a good week and great weather . . And speaking from experience . Somone ran into me (not my 75) and I managed to keep the car despite they wanted to take it from me . Anyway to cut a short story long I discovered my mot was invalid having been subjected to an accident ? Have a check when it's all dealt with as you may need to re mot . .it was a Renault . Sorry yes I owned one but lesson learned
It runs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2020, 23:19   #12
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Pete,
Is it worth contacting DMGRS and seeing if you can get a regulator pack down to you, in order to get your alternator working - Significantly easier than replacing an alternator - can be done in around 2 hours - possibly even by yourself at your campsite?

Regards
Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2020, 15:49   #13
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Hi Chris , I have breakdown repair cover with my AA membership so yesterday they authorised a new alternator to be fitted but it’s probably going to be Friday before I get her back hopefully. I’ve tried to hire a car but as my licence is 300 miles away and I don’t carry my passport when on holiday in England they have basically told me to whistle! So I am living in our tent miles from any shops and using buses , taxis and Shank’s pony ! Oh well at least I can have a pint when I’m out on my limited trips . Just got the shame of looking at the damage to the nearside when I get her back.
patrolman pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2020, 18:14   #14
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Smile

Well she’s sorted and back with us on the campsite. £444.16 for the job and finished a day early. They even washed her and blacked the tyres so I feel a bit better about the damage. Just need to send the invoice to the AA for a refund under my breakdown repair cover and we can finally get out and have a holiday.
Old 11th September 2020, 13:46   #15
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Peter, you’re welcome to the door off that moonstone tourer in the yard, it’s a bit scratchy as you know but you can have it if you want it
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2020, 16:47   #16
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Thanks Colin , I think I’ll call up when I finish my holiday at the end of next week to have a look. Every time I park the car up it looks terrible and makes the car feel as if it’s got square wheels! Could hopefully swap the doors over at your unit to protect the interior of the donor car ? Speak soon. Ps I’ve just noticed a creased dent in the rear door too !

Last edited by patrolman pete; 11th September 2020 at 16:50.. Reason: A ps to add.
Old 11th September 2020, 20:09   #17
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Been there...

In a past life and at least twenty years ago I was a delivery driver, I live in Wigan and was out on a long distance job down South, the vehicle was S720 LBV at that time, a 7.5 tonne vehicle. The alternator had failed but the light wasn't on as I was driving it, I pulled into Thame services in Oxfordshire and when I tried to start it I got the death rattle from the discharged battery. I knew what the problem was and I had to bump start a 7.5 truck on my own, I was younger and strong enough with a slight downhill gradient, the truck started and I made it back with the faintest lights possible. If I'm honest, I didn't care that the damn thing was out of action when my head hit the pillow that night, it caused a break in a supply chain though but not my fault and I saved them a lot of money getting it back.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2020, 22:50   #18
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Thanks to Ravinder letting me know about a moonstone door on Facebook and everyone who advised that it would fit inside my tourer , I'm just winding down after a 12 hour day on the road and a 558 mile round trip to collect a door. I'll probably fit it in the next day or two and I'm looking at a paintless dent pulling kit on Ebay that may hopefully sort out the dent on the sill.

Thanks again everyone