Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st September 2020, 18:59   #1
Martin Cottington

MG ZT-T

Default SAD Day

Hello All This is a sad day for me. Having driven a 75 CDTi from 2012 until 2018, and a ZT-T from 2018 until now, it is time to part.

The ZT-T had the clutch bled not long before lock-down, has only be used rarely since and the hydraulics have now totally failed. My plan was to move the ZT to my parents and SORN until I returned to working in the office next year.

I have been told that both slave and concentric need replacing so looking at a fairly hefty bill + the MOT is due at the weekend.

Money is tight and I cannot justify spending money on a car which will then sit for several months. The easiest option is to scrap it, but knowing how quickly these amazing cars are disappearing, I would like to offer it someone on here who can possibly resurrect it.

The car sailed through the last MOT with no advisories, the rear suspension was rebuilt in 2018 (dreaded arm corrosion), and has the leather/alacantra seats, and Sat Nav option. All standard with no mods, drove well. Silver metallic paint (sorry not sure of official name).

I am prepared to let it go for £50, but it must be collected this week as it is currently at my local garage in Irthlingborough and needs moving ASAP otherwise it will be scrapped.

CDTi 130, SARRJLTHC4D310321 Unfortunately no pics as I had no intention of getting rid of it.

Not sure how the message system works but if you genuinely want it, it must be collected ASAP. Please bear in mind that site that the garage is located on closes at 6pm, and is not open at the weekends. Location: NN14 4AS

Believe me, I am gutted.
Martin Cottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2020, 11:23   #2
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,PM sent.I am local and I may be interested if I get round to selling my SORNd launch car.Regards Ry...
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:03   #3
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

75 Contempery SE Tourer in Moonshine/220 Coupe's/ 216 Coupe's 420GSI Tourer

Message sent
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:01   #4
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Hi Martin, thanks for taking the time and effort to offer the car on here, at what is a very reasonable price. It's a very kind gesture.

You are right about them disappearing fast, all too often being scrapped for the want of relatively minor repairs.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to help, but good luck and I hope the car gets put back on the road by a club member

Regarding the garage that's given the quote, I believe that 'concentric' and 'slave' are just different terms for the same part. So might be worth a second opinion....??