Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd May 2010, 20:29   #1
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Default hans gauge now fitted

l have now fittrd my hans temp gauge ,thanks to all those for their advice .thanks to big russ for explianing it in plain english .. my temp shows 96c going to 99 in traffic and dropps to 95 when im driving. what temps do yours show ,i understand that the theromstat opens fully at 102c
so im guessing my engine is running sweet since i flushed out the system and got rid of all that old stuff that came out the engine isnt as hot as it was ,by that i mean you could feel the heat from it coming up from under the car ... car runs a treat now so can finally arrange to have the dings done ..and sprayed up so she is as good as new ......
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:42   #2
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Excellent news that mod will be the best one you will ever do. I have 1.8 non turbo runs around 84 which is slightly low but not affecting fuel consumption, so as Lates said just leave it alone.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:53   #3
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Excellent news that mod will be the best one you will ever do. I have 1.8 non turbo runs around 84 which is slightly low but not affecting fuel consumption, so as Lates said just leave it alone.

yep i make lates right it may be low but its right for your car .looks good in the panel on the radio too. b een driving and driving .have noticed since hoses was changed the petrol lasts alot longer will have to put £20 set the tripper to zero and see how many miles i get for that ,i know for a fact that im returning around 32/34 per galloen in town that more that they say in the hand book ..
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:05   #4
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
l have now fittrd my hans temp gauge ,thanks to all those for their advice .thanks to big russ for explianing it in plain english .. my temp shows 96c going to 99 in traffic and dropps to 95 when im driving. what temps do yours show ,i understand that the theromstat opens fully at 102c
so im guessing my engine is running sweet since i flushed out the system and got rid of all that old stuff that came out the engine isnt as hot as it was ,by that i mean you could feel the heat from it coming up from under the car ... car runs a treat now so can finally arrange to have the dings done ..and sprayed up so she is as good as new ......
anywhere between 95 to 97 for normal running conditions the first speed on the fan should come on at 102.

the prt will open at arond 94
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:27   #5
eskezz
Loves to post

rover 75 saloon

Haven't yet got the Hans guage fitted but using on board diagnostics runs between 94-96 on Motorway and sat in City traffic (like Manchester last Friday) it will move up to 105 fairly quickly until the fan kicks in and then moves back to 90 in a matter of seconds and repeats this cycle until on the move again.
So all in all all our 1.8Ts seem to follow the same pattern which in itself is reassuring.
eskezz is offline   Reply With Quote