Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st September 2018, 19:14   #21
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
If money were no object........

That's where the claim of "loss of sexual appetite and performance" comes in!
Old 21st September 2018, 19:21   #22
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Good luck getting sorted - main thing as others have said is that nobody was hurt. Hope they catch the perpetrators and throw the book at them.
A Nigerian mother of three
Old 21st September 2018, 19:23   #23
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Good luck getting sorted - main thing as others have said is that nobody was hurt. Hope they catch the perpetrators and throw the book at them.
Sadly "throw the book at them" seems to be mean very little these days
Old 22nd September 2018, 00:27   #24
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Just a thought.
About 20 years ago I was hit by a major bus company and with evidence and a police report crime number , the bus company settled with me privately because they SELF Insured. A lot of big companies do this if they can set aside and hold a multi million £ fund for these eventualities.
This is also a way that a 17 year old pop star millionaire can satisfy the legal requirement to SELF insure there Million £ supercars.
Not sure if this scheme still exists today,but with new price repair costs in your hand First ! Its then up to you what you do with the money. £50 ebay bonnet+spraying then £400 in your pocket.+ they cant write the car off and if they could you could buy it back for peanuts.

However it is still a requirement of any insurance policy that you inform them you have been involved in an accident regardless of fault or not claiming with them.
Hope it still applies and helps and there is certainly no downside.

P.S the above are only my personal experiences. SO IM NOT AN EXPERT in other individual cases

Last edited by crazy frog; 22nd September 2018 at 00:45..
Old 22nd September 2018, 01:42   #25
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Default self insuring

just done a quick search and self insuring is still Legal and widely used minimum £500,000.for an individual, the funds have to be lodged with the Government.
I imagine more for fleets ,the main reasons are simplicity vehicles/drivers massive cost saving no insurance company profits ,no ins premium tax 10% and other corporate tax advantages.
Old 22nd September 2018, 19:21   #26
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Hi David,

Sorry to hear about this. As many others have said at least you're both OK.

As far as anything else goes as far as I know the person who has suffered a loss (damage to your car) claims the cost from the person/vehicle who actually caused that loss. So you claim from the Council. Happy to be corrected if that's incorrect.

The rest of the circumstances are irrelevant.

It'll be for the council to add the amount you've cost them to their bill and claim that from the person/vehicle that caused the damage.

Hope to see you at the nano in a few weeks.

Take care.

Andy.
Old 23rd September 2018, 06:19   #27
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
Just a thought.
About 20 years ago I was hit by a major bus company and with evidence and a police report crime number , the bus company settled with me privately because they SELF Insured. A lot of big companies do this if they can set aside and hold a multi million £ fund for these eventualities.
This is also a way that a 17 year old pop star millionaire can satisfy the legal requirement to SELF insure there Million £ supercars.
Not sure if this scheme still exists today,but with new price repair costs in your hand First ! Its then up to you what you do with the money. £50 ebay bonnet+spraying then £400 in your pocket.+ they cant write the car off and if they could you could buy it back for peanuts.

However it is still a requirement of any insurance policy that you inform them you have been involved in an accident regardless of fault or not claiming with them.
Hope it still applies and helps and there is certainly no downside.You inform your insurers within 24hrs .

P.S the above are only my personal experiences. SO IM NOT AN EXPERT in other individual cases
You MUST inform your own insurers .No exceptions if a third party is involved .
Insurers don't take kindly to not being told .The effect of not informing them can load up your policy for years . Very unfair but unfortunately they hold all the cards.
Old 23rd September 2018, 13:57   #28
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantallon View Post
You MUST inform your own insurers .No exceptions if a third party is involved .
Insurers don't take kindly to not being told .The effect of not informing them can load up your policy for years . Very unfair but unfortunately they hold all the cards.
informing them also loads your policy too, but at least you can always answer 'no' to the question 'have you ever had insurance refused or cancelled before?' lol.

I could never understand why it would load a new policy by informing them, of non fault etc, but apparently it seems, statistically it makes you more likely to have another claim.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 23rd September 2018, 16:14   #29
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Don't get the insurance company involved, these days anything over a few years old is getting written off or at least that seems to be the way they are working.

I know of one owner was amazed to get a knock at the door one day from a company who had come to collect his car, they had bought it off the insurance company after it had been written off and he knew nothing about it. They had all the paperwork and got quite nasty with him when he refused.

He had informed his insurance company about a minor incident and all that was damaged was a indicator lens, he fixed it him self and the owner of the other car had paid him the cash. The insurance company had written the 12 year old car off with out even telling him and then sold it on as scrap.

Luckily it was all resolved over some phone calls and his refusal to hand the car over, as he said if his wife had been in on her own she would have presumed she should have handed the keys over. Luckily it was out of reach of the grab on the lorry I suppose.

The insurance company claimed they had sent him all the information by Email.
Old 23rd September 2018, 16:32   #30
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Found a couple on ebay, but they're all collection only and too far away. .....
How far, and where? don't forget there's the pony express facility