Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2019, 20:19   #31
pete 75
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer cdti, mg zt 260,mg tf 1.8 spark

Cars i regret selling
Mk 2 1600e cortina
Mk 2 Lotus cortina(had a vegantune 1800cc engine conversion)
Mk 1 3 litre gxl capri
Lotus Elan Sprint
Lotus Sunbeam
all were low mileage in immaculate condition i shudder to think what they would all be worth now
The biggest mistake in not buying,was an e type jag in the early seventies it was a d reg fixed head coupe in red and had done 42000miles from new was offered for £850 and i turned it down can you believe.
pete 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2019, 22:20   #32
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

A 1947 Rover 16hp saloon. A sound car on which I only needed to rebuild the engine and respray it. Sold to a friend of mine who sold it on some years later. I still see it ocassionally at northern shows.
Also another 1947 rover 16hp to which a previous owner had fitted an overdrive and tuned the engine. I had to assemble and paint it. Would hold 70 fully laden on the motorway.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 08:13   #33
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Most of the time it's the natural time to get rid of them however there are a few I regretted selling before they'd even left the drive. I miss the MG Maestro Turbo A LOT! Really wish I'd had the means at the time to do the work she needed however it was not to be. Also miss the Montego diesel oddly enough, it was the first sensible car that I bought with Mrs Guru and I did over 50,000 miles in a year in that car. I would have kept it but it was doing it's best to rust to nothing despite being only 8 years old at the time
Really regret selling the first MG ZS180, amazing car and there was nothing wrong with it, just fancied a change and ended up with the BMW 540i which was frustratingly unreliable!

I think the one I regret selling the most was our first MGF, really loved that car and did a lot of camping holidays in it (really!) however my head was turned by the seductive howl of the RV8......which turned out to be one of the worst cars I've owned
Old 5th June 2019, 10:58   #34
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

very mundane , but my Rover 600 diesel , nice car that I should have made more of an effort to keep
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 14:49   #35
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

I regret selling my 2001 Vectra CDX 2.2 diesel, car went like a dream and then I sold it for a 2005 75 Contemp SE which I feel was an overated waste of money. I then sold the 75 for a Signum Elite 2.2 petrol, again a waste of money in my opinion. Neither of them a patch on the Vectra.
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 17:26   #36
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypicks View Post
my vauxhall vx490 in green with a black vinyl roof . loved it rgds mark
There's been a beauty that colour recently on Old British Cars FB forum.
My regrets are my red '55 split windscreen Moggie Minor convertible, 'Doris', badly customised from a rusty wreck, but very reliable. Forced fire sale, when I dropped out of uni, and was obliged to spend the summer of '76 driving an equally reliable Herald, with vinyl seats that burned my bare legs. The other is my Renault 19 16v cabbie, in lovely nick, generally reliable with some very minor niggles, except the alternator which I should have replaced before the car stopped on the M6 one bank holiday monday. Having replaced the alternator, I traded the car in for £350 against a supposedly reliable A4 diesel, which cost me £900 in repairs, including a new clutch in 2 years. Still kicking myself.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2019, 21:07   #37
rob dean
Regular poster

xx

I don't regret selling any of the cars I have previously owned, and that includes my 75. A lot of the cars I have owned in the past have been mediocre old sheds, so not worth keeping. Even nice old cars can end up turning into rusty unreliable money pits, Rover 75s included, so unless they suddenly become valuable collectors' items (unlikely for the foreseeable future in the case of the 75) and I have the money and means to maintain them (I don't), best get rid and run something newer, nicer to drive, more reliable, greener and better equipped. That's my two penn'orth on the subject...
Old 5th June 2019, 21:09   #38
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Not a Gold Star but regret selling my Royal Star:-
Old 6th June 2019, 06:40   #39
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
Not really Thomas

A new bike with 200 bhp is amazing.

Just to see how the old ones work for my first bike I’m having a really er50 1982 which I already got just need to pass my test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6th June 2019, 06:49   #40
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob dean View Post
I don't regret selling any of the cars I have previously owned, and that includes my 75. A lot of the cars I have owned in the past have been mediocre old sheds, so not worth keeping. Even nice old cars can end up turning into rusty unreliable money pits, Rover 75s included, so unless they suddenly become valuable collectors' items (unlikely for the foreseeable future in the case of the 75) and I have the money and means to maintain them (I don't), best get rid and run something newer, nicer to drive, more reliable, greener and better equipped. That's my two penn'orth on the subject...

I don’t think the 75 has met the point where it’ll go up in price yet I think what will happen is the facelifts will be saved but the pre facelift will just get rarer and zt will be saved but the pre facelift 75 will be garaged and shipped to other countries and then the 75 pre facelift will go up when the are extremely rare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk