Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th September 2018, 13:08   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default MOT Certificates

It only seems like a year ago when I last went for it, but success today with my test and a certificate the like of which I have never seen before. Gone are the colours that we used to have, gone are the highlighted details, and gone are any advisories, almost just a plain piece of A4. Now I'm sure like most of you, the need for advisory is not necessary because we're all up to speed.

It's either PASS or FAIL, which is logical.

I had gone over everything yesterday, and cleaned again those annoying vertical metal brake fluid pipes at the top of the front wheel arches, and "Kurusted" them. I have the brake pad warning light showing and gave all pads and shoes a check, and that wasn't even mentioned, after all, amber is only a warning.

Pleased again with a pass.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2018, 17:31   #2
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
It only seems like a year ago when I last went for it, but success today with my test and a certificate the like of which I have never seen before. Gone are the colours that we used to have, gone are the highlighted details, and gone are any advisories, almost just a plain piece of A4. Now I'm sure like most of you, the need for advisory is not necessary because we're all up to speed.

It's either PASS or FAIL, which is logical.

I had gone over everything yesterday, and cleaned again those annoying vertical metal brake fluid pipes at the top of the front wheel arches, and "Kurusted" them. I have the brake pad warning light showing and gave all pads and shoes a check, and that wasn't even mentioned, after all, amber is only a warning.

Pleased again with a pass.
As it's all electronically recorded the need for an elaborate certificate has gone , always pays to check the bit of scabby paper that passes as a certificate , last couple of years mine's been wrong ( mileage both times ) and the garage had to re-issue the certificate .
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote