Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st January 2024, 18:18   #11
matoakwell
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

It doesn't matter who x, y or z are insured by or how much they pay unless your details match EXACTLY, which they don't. All you can do is shop around like everyone else.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
matoakwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2024, 19:30   #12
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Hastings

Strange, been on all those sites, hastings didn't come up, but direct quotes from them over 600. Peter best came up with 1k a year, my MG is 110 a year. Put 4k max miles, 6 yrs no claims, car value 2k, why??? Classic line even worse at 1200 a year. I have never had accident. Also direct line, Churchill, aa, saga, the lot, phone and internet. It's bizarre.

Last edited by Raven Black; 21st January 2024 at 19:35..
Raven Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2024, 20:34   #13
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

This all sounds a bit worrying.

I’ve been insured with Saga for the last two years. The first year I got the quote through Topcashback and it cost me about £160 before cashback, with no NCB due to having company car for years, two additional named drivers, fully comp and 2000 miles.

Last year it was slightly cheaper, but Topcashback quotes were more, even with cashback, so I renewed the policy.

It’s up for renewal in March and I’m dreading finding out what it’s going to cost, particularly as I will probably need to increase the mileage limit this year.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:46   #14
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

My 75 and Ford C Max insurance renewals recently both came through at double last year's quote.

My ZT is on a "modern Classic" policy with a different insurer and half the cost of the 75 quote. So I rang them to ask if they could do something similar for the 75. The instant answer was "no" even though it's basically the same car [both diesel with no mods] as they don't have a scheme for Rovers....

I did some ringing round to check and got better quotes and pitched them back to the current insurer and got a reduction to about 50% more in each case.

On querying why prices have risen, the answer seems to be a] increased repair costs post Covid b] increased car purchase prices even though if I made a claim for my car it would be written off!

By chance I happened to be next to a friend's second hand car site earlier today. I asked if he had problems getting stock in, and the answer was "yes, at an affordable price, both for me and for my customers". He's even got a board outside asking for cars for cash due to high auction prices/costs.....
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2024, 15:01   #15
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolley11 View Post
It’s the same for my Dad

He’s had Rover75 diesel (since it was almost new) - he’s 85 now and his premium is around £375 living in a rural area in North Yorkshire with 3k miles.

My ZT V6 is £98 with 3k miles

Think it must be an age thing 🤷🏼NAUGHTY WORD-♂️
Is that provision from the same company?

Yes, they all load, at some age point, higher premium.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2024, 18:47   #16
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Is that provision from the same company?

Yes, they all load, at some age point, higher premium.

Kev
It used to be the case that it was difficult to get anyone to quote once you reached a certain age. It may have been 75, but I can’t be certain. However, I believe that once you reached that age, your existing insurer was obliged to continue your cover, although they could effectively name their price, if you were unable to get cover elsewhere.
Old 23rd January 2024, 18:38   #17
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Why can’t the forum approach insurers with the idea of the insurers offering cover for all 75 owners at a much discounted premium. Other car marque forums have done it, why not the 75?
Has any owner considered having just Third Party cover without all the other add-ons. Most of us have year upon year with the only activity being the payment of the premium each year. Easy money for them. If and when claims are made, straight away it’s a write off, with next to nothing back for the so-call comprehensive cover paid for.
Will there be any motor insurers at the Gaydon do in the spring? Perhaps one of the Forum admin staff make an approach to a few of the bigger, more reliable, insurers to see if they could offer concessionary premiums for Forum members, of any age?

Last edited by GeoffWW; 23rd January 2024 at 18:40..
GeoffWW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2024, 20:28   #18
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
Why can’t the forum approach insurers with the idea of the insurers offering cover for all 75 owners at a much discounted premium. Other car marque forums have done it, why not the 75?
Has any owner considered having just Third Party cover without all the other add-ons. Most of us have year upon year with the only activity being the payment of the premium each year. Easy money for them. If and when claims are made, straight away it’s a write off, with next to nothing back for the so-call comprehensive cover paid for.
Will there be any motor insurers at the Gaydon do in the spring? Perhaps one of the Forum admin staff make an approach to a few of the bigger, more reliable, insurers to see if they could offer concessionary premiums for Forum members, of any age?
Used to be years ago, can't remember who with?

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2024, 20:54   #19
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
Has any owner considered having just Third Party cover without all the other add-ons.

No, because you will find that 3rd Party only is more expensive than fully comp. Insurers consider that those who go for 3rd party only are a greater risk than those who go for fully comp

Last edited by another_clean_sheet; 23rd January 2024 at 21:00..
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2024, 20:57   #20
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Used to be years ago, can't remember who with?

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
I used to be on a VW-Audi forum. They had an insurance deal with Chris Knott Insurance. Quite competitive, ISTR.

https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/