Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th February 2018, 22:20   #101
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Evening Wraymond,

I am rather surprised by your post above, which starts with

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
At the risk of boring everyone I will answer your query.
There was no query in my post that you quoted, towards you or anyone else. My post contained a number of statements but no query. Therefore, there was nothing for you to answer.

I see that your "answer" is in fact a set of statements made of your own accord, which have no relevance to my post. I believe it is customary and basic forum etiquette to quote another's post only if the following content in some way has relevance to the quoted item. In the case of your above post, it does not.

I have seen the method highlighted above often used by unpolished politicians and it never works with audience possessing any degree of intelligence.

In relation to your second point, which I quote

Quote:
In return I ask you to, in future if you ‘quote’ my posts, do not strip them and quote selectively (as you and others have previously done).
It is interesting that you yourself had chosen to quote only part of my post earlier in the thread!

I only consider and respond to polite requests.

Your post #90 (quoted below) made a damning allegation about the GOSH charity but then followed it up with the admission that you could be wrong. This is extremely poor and certainly not what one would expect from someone who repeatedly writes that his posts are well considered. When I queried the source of the allegation in my post #91, you stated that you did not have to explain yourself to me. That position I accepted, even though I consider the content of your post to be in extremely poor form considering the young lives to which this charity's work contributes.

Quote:
I read that the charity involved has used this personnel agency (to be polite) since circa 2010 but could be wrong. Anyway, they are to refund all donations received from this source back to the first time they used them. That's a lot of money from 2010 they can magically produce from accounts. Charity? How do they manage to keep such (presumably) reserves free from the use for which the donations were intended and are they subject to the Charities Commission periodic audit? Just who is corrupting whom? I suppose we are not to question such luminaries waving flags of virtue from the battlements of hospitals.
I think the rather terse tone of your post quoting mine is unwarranted and unnecessary. You practiced the same during the Brexit debate. At the time, I felt bullied by you and one other (who I have previously informed of the same in relation to his behaviour) as did a few others (a number of us shared our experiences in private). You plus the one other seemed unable to recognize that others can reasonably hold differing views to yourselves.

I am sorry to say that I for one find it difficult to be impressed by your pomposity, condescending tones, and what I consider to be a controlling attitude and narcissistic behaviour.

Last edited by MSS; 4th February 2018 at 22:42..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 00:28   #102
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Maybe I come from a different planet , but when you see the pictures in some of the daily 'news ' papers, ( for research purposes only ! ), I do not understand how the girls who signed up for this event , who were required to wear sexy underwear etc, and sign a nondisclosure contract actually thought they were only going to serve food at the tables .
Maybe they did not know, but all the signs were there, men only, sexy underwear necessary. They may have needed a job badly, but in the end , surely it was their choice , they were not forced and they must have known what sort if event they signed up for .

Anyway, anyone seen the tv advert where the guy in blue jeans or shorts gets his bottom pinched by the girl ? I forget what was being advertised . How many complaints has there been about that ?
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 00:31   #103
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

It always gets me how the Sun etc can post sexy pics of young ladies then moan about sexual harassment on the next page....
Old 5th February 2018, 13:30   #104
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Evening Wraymond,

I am rather surprised by your post above, which starts with

There was no query in my post that you quoted, towards you or anyone else. My post contained a number of statements but no query. Therefore, there was nothing for you to answer.

I see that your "answer" is in fact a set of statements made of your own accord, which have no relevance to my post. I believe it is customary and basic forum etiquette to quote another's post only if the following content in some way has relevance to the quoted item. In the case of your above post, it does not.

I have seen the method highlighted above often used by unpolished politicians and it never works with audience possessing any degree of intelligence.

In relation to your second point, which I quote

It is interesting that you yourself had chosen to quote only part of my post earlier in the thread!

I only consider and respond to polite requests.

Your post #90 (quoted below) made a damning allegation about the GOSH charity but then followed it up with the admission that you could be wrong. This is extremely poor and certainly not what one would expect from someone who repeatedly writes that his posts are well considered. When I queried the source of the allegation in my post #91, you stated that you did not have to explain yourself to me. That position I accepted, even though I consider the content of your post to be in extremely poor form considering the young lives to which this charity's work contributes.

I think the rather terse tone of your post quoting mine is unwarranted and unnecessary. You practiced the same during the Brexit debate. At the time, I felt bullied by you and one other (who I have previously informed of the same in relation to his behaviour) as did a few others (a number of us shared our experiences in private). You plus the one other seemed unable to recognize that others can reasonably hold differing views to yourselves.

I am sorry to say that I for one find it difficult to be impressed by your pomposity, condescending tones, and what I consider to be a controlling attitude and narcissistic behaviour.

Oh, for Pete’s sake! I was right to be reluctant to reply to you and to say it would only result in conflict! Now you deny posting what you have posted!

Your last paragraph in post 93 was not even just a query. It was a question - note the punctuation mark at the end of it! That denial alone can only cast doubt on the intentions of your argumentative manner.

This is all rather childish and repetitive – nobody wants to see it man! Please, try to adopt a more adult approach to life – this is not the place for petty point scoring in some self-perceived playground battle of attrition! All is not aggressively directed at you! Now, have the last word if you insist, I've lost the will to live!
Old 5th February 2018, 17:12   #105
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Whats this got to do with the presidents club ? Why don't you two step outside ?
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 20:06   #106
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Whats this got to do with the presidents club ? Why don't you two step outside ?
I understand your feelings - but having been on the receiving end - My sympathies are with Wraymond. Having your posts dissected by someone who is determined to play games in a desperate endeavour to impress does get rather dull.

I’m not sure anyone is actually impressed with these antics - tho I suspect the instigator is impressed with himself.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 20:47   #107
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Posts 104 and 106 provide excellent reference for my points above.

Thank you gentlemen.

We shall leave it there.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:21   #108
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

So the bottom line is the Hospital doesn't get some freely given monies to use to treat patients because the trustees 'know' where the money has come from? Oh well. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 12:58   #109
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
So the bottom line is the Hospital doesn't get some freely given monies to use to treat patients because the trustees 'know' where the money has come from? Oh well. Chris.S.
You are not alone in questioning this overt “virtue signalling” by some on the receiving end of charitable donations. I think the worst was (apologies- I have mentioned it earlier) the hospital that refused a donation raised by an annual bed push where blokes dressed up as Nurses to push the bed. Some PC warrior felt this denigrated Nurses.

But it was nice to see another nearby hospital say that they would love to have the money as it was a fun event and not any sort of “statement”.

We suffer far too much in my view by way of minorities shouting loudest and so skewing common sense.

I personally think the Presidents Club event was seedy - sad old men with a few bob behind them trying it on. It’s pathetic.

But the fall out from this will be future charitable events cancelled and those that go ahead may well see lower attendance which = lower donations for charities.

So we are all that little bit better off because we can say seedy events are less likely to happen - but the opportunity cost will be those in real need may suffer if charities cannot raise the funds they need.

Last edited by Darcydog; 9th February 2018 at 13:02..
Old 10th February 2018, 06:56   #110
Darcydog
This is my second home

And now we have confirmed reports that some Oxfam personnel had sex parties using prostitutes during the aftermath of the Haiti disaster.

Worse than that itself! - those Oxfam employees that took part were allowed to move on to other charities and agencies with nothing on their record.

They are saying on the news this morning that Oxfam acts like a huge corporation and some of its actions are very political. The Government is considering its relationship with Oxfam over this.