Notices

Old 28th February 2018, 14:32   #11
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
I put those acts in the same boat as building a mosque in the middle of a council estate..wonder if you would get planning permission for a Church in the middle of Riyadh..

Probably not no, in fact definitely not, but it’s not the same thing. The law says (in this country) that you must be able to follow your chosen religion without hindrance or prejudice. That’s testament (no pun intended) to our open, welcoming and inclusive nature and our willingness to allow free speech. The decline of formal religion in the non-Muslim congregation is another example of that freedom.

With increasing numbers of estates where Mosques are required to satisfy the needs of residents, the planning departments might be expected to reflect local voters’ wishes. If the planning authorities felt the need to place restrictions on what happens inside such buildings they could do so if they wished, subject to the same laws (*see below). The fact that new churches are not being built highlights the change in demographics.

Of course it might be useful to remember the Monarch is Defender of the Faith and a slight change in this title is expected when the heir apparent accedes. He has made it known he wishes to be entitled Defender of Faiths (notably excluding the singular ‘the’).

Riyadh, capital of Saudi Arabia, has somewhat different attitudes and laws with tiny resident populations of non-Muslims so the question does not arise.

On topic, FGM is as previously mentioned just another example of repression and is nothing to do with religion or faith, although that lie is always used to justify and perpetuate such savagery to defenceless infants.

*Planning covenants might be a convenient instrument.
Old 28th February 2018, 14:39   #12
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I cant get my head around honour killings either. Does the community really think more of parents for killing their daughter or having her killed then if the daughter was to marry out of cast, class, colour?
I don't think so no, I think it's what they perceive the community to think.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 15:01   #13
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

An interesting view on the topic Ray..let me get my head around this..we the indigenous people of this country, due to our laws have to suffer FGM, honor killings, grooming of young under age children in the likes of Rotherham, communities that don't choose to integrate with us and our customs, 1000 unregistered schools potentially radicalising their young students as the case was/is in Birmingham..when in Rome?

A pal of mine was chatting with his pal a fairly high ranking police officer who said, if you need the police in a hurry tell them you are Asian or suffering racial abuse, they will arrive almost as you put the phone down..

We just need a few more Polish vodka factories to blow up...

Last edited by rustymotor; 1st March 2018 at 09:28..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 15:45   #14
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
An interesting view on the topic wraymond..let me get my head around this..we the indigenous people of this country, due to our laws have to suffer FGM, honor killings, grooming of young under age children in the likes of Rotherham, communities that don't choose to integrate with us and our customs, 1000 unregistered schools potentially radicalising their young students as the case was/is in Birmingham..when in Rome?

A pal of mine was chatting with his pal a fairly high ranking police officer who said, if you need the police in a hurry tell them you are Asian or suffering racial abuse, they will arrive almost as you put the phone down..

We just need a few more Polish vodka factories to blow up...
No Gordon, we don't need to suffer them! That's the point! Of the five examples you give, four of them are illegal. FGM, honour killing, grooming for vice and radicalisation in schools are all illegal! They are also, as far as I know, restricted entirely to particular communities and therefore relatively easy to identify. The lack of prosecution is down to public/official apathy and a desire to avoid social upheaval and is dependent on political pressure to see the law enforced. That's you, me, and all the others getting busy lobbying! That at least is legal!

Full integration in many areas is poor, but presumably it is hoped that eventually generations will come to realise that some aspects of traditional UK life are worth adopting. That's 'our' way of doing it and we are all the better for it. I would suggest the victims of the above atrocities would be against those practices if they were given the opportunity to object to them.

Hopefully, and with education, it will change minds. As for police, the same goes as above but lower ranks are unable to object to orders whereas their seniors are to some extent very conscious of their grip on the greasy pole. The silence and reluctance to rock the boat is deafening.
Old 28th February 2018, 18:52   #15
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Such is the culture of other nations, I am against both practices unless for medical reasons.
Old 28th February 2018, 19:31   #16
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I dislike even the term 'honour killing' when reported it should, in the media, say just murder. Because that's what it is.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 19:55   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
That’s a pretty appalling statistic.
The problem is the way it is kept a secret and none dare complain, especially the victim.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 20:32   #18
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The problem is the way it is kept a secret and none dare complain, especially the victim.
Totally agree - and don’t forget the contrived “fear” of many in authority that they cannot be seen to “criticise” ethnic/religious groups for fear (and a secondary contrived fear at that!) of being perceived by “some” of being prejudiced.

It’s a self fulling prophesy.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 20:43   #19
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Re "communities that don't choose to integrate with us and our customs" - I visited a friend of mine living in southern Spain recently. She is friendly with many other people from Britain and Ireland, most of whom I've met on multiple occasions, but unusually among that group she has many Spanish people in her life as well as "anglophones", for want of a better term. Several of the others have been living in Spain for years, in some cases approaching two decades. Their ability to communicate in Spanish is more or less limited to what they need in order to order in a restaurant, buy food and clothing in shops, etc. They take little interest in Spanish politics or traditions, other than when an occasion serves as the opportunity for a knees-up. They mix only with other English speakers. None of them has ever mentioned being verbally abused, marginalised, or physically attacked. Poverty is not a burden either. But even they choose not to integrate with the Spanish and their customs. People usually tend to gravitate towards what's familiar to them.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 22:55   #20
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Just wondering ..........

IF it were possible to inflict something similar to FGM on men , I.E. something as painful and constantly irritating , would they have found a reason to stop the practice ?
Circumcision has nothing like the long term after effects of FGM .
Consider my self fortunate that I have evaded both forms of mutilation .
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote