Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th July 2018, 23:32   #61
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
If his question is innocent then I ask "is he being treated appropriately?". I agree it could be wiring but is it possible it is something else? I don't know.

We are mainly adults on this forum with many years of life experience and a better understanding of expectations and possibilities, Thomas is a child and children see things differently. Adults with mental health problems can also see things differently.
I am uncomfortable with some of the replies in this thread.

macafee2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Im just glad I didn't have the internet when I was Thomas' age, the amout of $h1te I used to spout would have made Thomas look like Bill Gates.

My girlfriends youngest brother had trouble with an intermittent fault with the accelerator on his corsa C.

Car would start but would not rev.

When I googled solutions I found several Vauxhall corsa forums, and while spending some time looking over the various postings and questions and answers given , it became very obvious that the average Corsa owner on these forums were young and mostly very inexperienced.

Lots of guess work and lots of unrealistic expectations of 'mods' done to there cars. etc, etc..

It was very hard to find a definitive answer to many problems because the average member didn't have a clue either.

This was a bit of a shock to me, as I previously spent most of my time on sites like the Audi S2 forum, or Classic Audi etc.

And what the people on those sites didn't know about 5 cylinders and their cars, wasn't worth knowing.

The Corsa forum on the other hand, you could have summed up most members knowledge on the back of a postage stamp.

Sometimes we forget what it was like to be young and inexperienced. We asked stupid questions and often gave imaginative advice. We believed the hype of the PR on our cone filters and thought bodykits had been designed by automotive experts and as such gave our cars a genuinely beneficial aerodynamic advantage.

Even though, in reality looking back, they made you and your car look like a Tw4T!
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )

Last edited by Mgaz; 7th July 2018 at 23:36..
Old 7th July 2018, 23:47   #62
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

I kind of expected that answer from you. I was going to ask the question as to why you can write in decent English sometimes and sometimes you can't. But, I am not going to bother. Sorry Thomas but I will be adding you to my ignore list, simply because I don't believe you are you say you are. It's just my opinion, and I would rather not bother getting involved anymore.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Old 8th July 2018, 00:08   #63
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I must have missed something here...... what car is being discussed here ? make/model/engine etc .

omega .
Old 8th July 2018, 00:16   #64
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
I kind of expected that answer from you. I was going to ask the question as to why you can write in decent English sometimes and sometimes you can't. But, I am not going to bother. Sorry Thomas but I will be adding you to my ignore list, simply because I don't believe you are you say you are. It's just my opinion, and I would rather not bother getting involved anymore.
I think I've reached the same point
Old 8th July 2018, 00:29   #65
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
I must have missed something here...... what car is being discussed here ? make/model/engine etc .

omega .
Thomas's fuel gauge on his 75 I believe?

Sorry if my post is confusing and off topic, my point was just that I found a lot of younger people on Corsa forums when I was looking for help with someone else's car, and I found a lot of the postings on that corsa forum similar to the way Thomas responds, who is also young.
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Old 8th July 2018, 08:19   #66
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz View Post

Sorry if my post is confusing and off topic, my point was just that I found a lot of younger people on Corsa forums when I was looking for help with someone else's car, and I found a lot of the postings on that corsa forum similar to the way Thomas responds, who is also young.

Well that's not me I have never been on a corsa forum only mg rover forum and this forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 8th July 2018, 08:56   #67
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

omega .
Thomas ? Please let us know ..I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, and there seem to be several choices .
Old 8th July 2018, 23:07   #68
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Thomas ???
Car
Adventure (Rover 75), Rover P6 And Mini MK1
Engine
1000CC
Model
COPPER S Mark 1
Model Year
VIN Last 6 Numbers
Mods
remapped computer chip to the ecu, boost charger remapped stage 6 engine system, 17" gun metal alloys, lexus lights with angel eyes to the front, boot front wind deflectors

So you ditched the Mini Copper ?
Old 9th July 2018, 05:06   #69
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz View Post

I bet the problem was the throttle pedal. Theres a potentiometer under the dash and they wear out!
Some times clearing the fault will cure it for a day or two.
Old 9th July 2018, 06:56   #70
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
I bet the problem was the throttle pedal. Theres a potentiometer under the dash and they wear out!

Some times clearing the fault will cure it for a day or two.

No the car had crack in tank now fixed and computer not working right but I think th computer is calming down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ROVER2003; 9th July 2018 at 07:18..

Closed Thread