Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th August 2018, 13:11   #1
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Default Gabrielle and wedded bliss.

[I've never been troubled by such thoughts. I try very hard not to look. Especially when my darling Celia is near by. Or anywhere really. She has radar. Heat seeking.]

Following on from an earlier post which was in connection with attention wandering in the presence of irresistible temptation and was off-topic from the OP, see above clip, further thoughts occurred.

A current bone (no pun intended) of contention, a young lady of international repute, amazingly free of any criticism, impeccably mannered and whose talents never fail to impress, is the rather comely Gabrielle. I refer of course to the Trivago girl.

We have a habit of muting the TV when the ad breaks turn up and in fact it’s a race to be the first to the remote. Curiously, I tend to be there first when Miss Miller appears and goes into her modest and innocently charming routine.

Mysteriously, I am unable to mute the TV in time and purely accidentally drop the remote between our chairs, causing the ad to run its course uninterrupted.

Between the caustic tut-tut’s and harrumping I manage to get in a conciliatory “Well it’s not my fault my dear, I’ve dropped it! We’ll just have to listen to her horrible voice now”.

The stock reply from the exalted one is along the lines ‘You are as bad as that Howard idiot on 'Last of the Summer Wine’.

Usually costs me something from Zara when we next visit Bluewater. Worth it though.

Last edited by wraymond; 18th August 2018 at 13:13..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 14:39   #2
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

I had no idea who you were talking about until you mentioned Trivago.
Ah, nice young lady, antipodean I believe. I refuse to be drawn into further questions. Just in case. As you say, heat seeking radar is standard fit to the higher spec models of the female.
Old 18th August 2018, 16:10   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

what's the difference between looking at another woman, a painting and a car?
Nothing wrong with looking. Does not matter where you get your appetite as long as you go home to eat. Nothing wrong with admiring beauty, does not mean you want to "own" it.

A higher spec model knows how to deal with other models. That's why they are higher spec, they have the upgrades. A decent radar operator will be able to work out if the subject detected by the radar it is a threat.

Relationships can crash and burn due to jealousy. Nothing untoward has to happen, just the appearance of jealousy.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 18:35   #4
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundsman Willie View Post
I had no idea who you were talking about until you mentioned Trivago.
Ah, nice young lady, antipodean I believe. I refuse to be drawn into further questions. Just in case. As you say, heat seeking radar is standard fit to the higher spec models of the female.
I can confirm, and indeed have it on the highest authority, that only the SE models have the full equipment. It wasn't optional either, a case of take it or leave it but that's getting into remain or leave territory so best to draw a veil.

Operationally it's intermittent. In that you never actually know when it's 'on'. Can catch you out when least expected, to be saved in a cloud until needed by the operator. All hypothetical of course.
Old 18th August 2018, 19:31   #5
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

I believe there to be an intermittent ECU problem, possibly a waterlogging issue, that means that on occasion, the controls don't respond as they should. You know what needs to be done for safe passage, but all the regularly used buttons have no, or opposite effect to the norm, and even though the dials read normal, you can feel a 'roughness' in the running.
A repair can normally be effected by the operator, using basic tools, but is generally expensive.
Old 18th August 2018, 20:36   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundsman Willie View Post
I believe there to be an intermittent ECU problem, possibly a waterlogging issue, that means that on occasion, the controls don't respond as they should. You know what needs to be done for safe passage, but all the regularly used buttons have no, or opposite effect to the norm, and even though the dials read normal, you can feel a 'roughness' in the running.
A repair can normally be effected by the operator, using basic tools, but is generally expensive.
scrap it, it will go wrong again and again.
I got mine brand new, programmed it once, never needed to program it again. Mine has AI and right from the start learnt and adapted to an ever changing environment. Always stays one step ahead of the other models.
Important thing about AI, if it sees something better in another model it incorporates it. This way it has the best attributes of all models. Often a new model comes along with a few good attributes but lacking others, you as the user then have to decide which attributes you want.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 20:44   #7
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
scrap it, it will go wrong again and again.
I got mine brand new, programmed it once, never needed to program it again. Mine has AI and right from the start learnt and adapted to an ever changing environment. Always stays one step ahead of the other models.
Important thing about AI, if it sees something better in another model it incorporates it. This way it has the best attributes of all models. Often a new model comes along with a few good attributes but lacking others, you as the user then have to decide which attributes you want.

macafee2
That's scary. I've seen films about these models adapting and improving themselves. Mark my words, they'll be taking over the world
Old 18th August 2018, 23:20   #8
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

I have an intermittent entertainment centre so I know what you mean by things behaving with a mind of their own. Mine tells me exactly what gear I should be in, by the way it's an auto, which I find very helpful. Or when to turn to avoid nuns. But the most irksome idiosyncrasy in it is the lack of an 'off' button or volume control. That would be a boon. Somebody ought to do a How To.
Old 19th August 2018, 10:10   #9
wmick
Avid contributor

R75 Club Tourer CDT

I can't believe the amount of words generated by that bat off Trivago. She's so smug it makes me reach for the mute button AND a blindfold! Aaaargh!

Mick
wmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 13:19   #10
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

You've just cost me a mouthful of Australian Penfolds Grange 1955 ya dingo! All over my laptop! That's about 30 quids worth of sunshin'ers glory to you, ya pom!