Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th June 2019, 15:44   #1
Synchromesh
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Anyone got more than one 75?

Until recently I had a 75 V6 and a 75 diesel. I thought they had the same braking systems but the brakes on the diesel were always sharper than the brakes on the V6 with the diesel requiring a lot less force on the brake pedal to achieve the same retardation. Does anyone else with two or more 75s notice a difference in the effectiveness of their brakes?
Synchromesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 17:14   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
Until recently I had a 75 V6 and a 75 diesel. I thought they had the same braking systems but the brakes on the diesel were always sharper than the brakes on the V6 with the diesel requiring a lot less force on the brake pedal to achieve the same retardation. Does anyone else with two or more 75s notice a difference in the effectiveness of their brakes?

Yes to the first question and no to the second.

I would expect the calibration of assistance on the CDT to be different given the difference in weight.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 18:22   #3
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

You should try a 190 then
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 18:35   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Don't recall a difference but that does not mean there is not one.
I have a CDT saloon and a CDTI Tourer

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 18:47   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
I had noticed a big difference when I replaced mine. Aside from upgrading to 190 discs etc. I also did a complete fluid change. The old fluid was in the car for around 4 years, and had seen better days. The 190 brakes will give better performance, however, prior to doing this change I did have issues losing all feel after a certain point. Since changing them, the feel is completely different. The deceleration is better of course, but the feel is so much more positive through the pedal.

I would suggest a fluid flush and change, will give the pedal a more positive feel to it. This is providing the pads and discs of course are decent to begin with. The fluid transmit the 'feel' to the pedal, as well as the force.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 20:25   #6
joel antonio
Avid contributor

2003 Rover 75 Tourer Club 2.5 auto, 2000 Rover 75 Club 2.5 manual, 2002 Connoisseur SE 2.5 Auto

Lightbulb

I have 3 Rovers 2.5 V6, two are auto and one manual, the feeling is more or less the same, but only the Tourer gives me the sensation that she needs a little bit of push down on the brake pedal. Of course, if your fluid oil is old a good bleed of the circuits and the new fluid will make a lot of difference.

Cheers...!!!!
joel antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 20:45   #7
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Just had the brake fluid changed on our Suzuki, there is a noticeable difference in the feel of the pedal. Much firmer, and the brakes are keener.

Deffo going to change the fluid in the Rover now.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 16:04   #8
Synchromesh
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks to all that replied.

clf - did you just add new fluid in the reservoir while bleeding off the old fluid at each wheel?
Synchromesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 21:54   #9
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Thanks to all that replied.

clf - did you just add new fluid in the reservoir while bleeding off the old fluid at each wheel?

Suction out the reservoir with a turkey baster or similar. Then bleed through using an eazi bleed kit. It makes life so much easier as you can sit at the hub,just waiting for the fluid to change colour. You will know when it is done. The remaining three corners take less flushing as the worst has come out the first.

It will make a big difference,how much I cannot honestly say though. But have felt that moment when the feeling was lost as you approached a roundabout a little too eagerly lol. The car is still slowing, but you just dont feel it at your feet.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote