Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th April 2016, 10:09   #31
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

I think he has a bit of a cheek, telling us what is good for us when the US won't sign up to anything that gives up even the slightest bit ot their 'Sovereignty'

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 14:59   #32
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
British War on terrorism casualties:

Iraq: Military 179 Civilian 43
Afghanistan: Military 445 Civilian 101

Britain is the first and most fearless of allies who have sacrificed their young in America's wars, but we want to leave the EU you tell us to get to the back of the queue.

America does not have friends; only interests. Patently we will no longer interest them.

Have a nice day Mr. Obama.

Building a mighty Empire takes time, aggression and, when that falters, patience. Once you have the Empire and the patience and aggression are no longer needed, veiled threats are enough to maintain it.

Hence, Obama. Paymasters: Goldman Sachs et al and through them their satellites and servants.

He hadn’t got stateside before it dawned on his ‘advisors’ that a mistake had been made and his ‘message’ had been misremembered. Now backtracking.
I think it was an American who said: “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer”.

The myth about the ‘queue’ is busted. The Americans are involved in only one trade negotiation at the moment –the EU. What ‘queue’ would that be then Mr. President?
Old 25th April 2016, 18:49   #33
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Obama does not like us, he never has. Witness the removal of Churchill's bust from the Oval Office, also the open criticism of DC and the UK over Libya. You don't make such comments about the only country that has really supported you (even if justified?) and who is supposed to be your BFF. Then there is now infamous back of the queue statement. Meanwhile the Ted Cruz comments are diametrically opposite and with those of Hilary at least a little more "diplomatic"?

Obama is a talk-the talk politician without the ability to walk-the-walk, although he will soon walk into the annals of US political history.

Where's FDR when you want him?

Perhaps, just perhaps it is a ploy by DC? A little bit of reverse psychology? Knowing the comments would wind most folk up and vote out?????
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 21:24   #34
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

In these troubled times perverse thoughts occur. The abuses by, and general ham-fistedness from, Cameron and other prominent Remainders seem deliberately crude and contrary to what is supposed to be their aim (I'm assuming there are intelligent minds somewhere in all this). There's something awry or at least that doesn't ring true.

I think we are all being taken for a ride - I mean more than usual. Whatever, POTUS did not do the alleged cause much good. The American politicians, being the hysterical children they are, continually look upon us as quaint yokels to be ignored when we want something or robbed when they want something.

It wouldn't surprise me if later on the 'in the interests of National Security' card is played and the government takes an 'executive decision'. That, or an outright three-card-trick is played.