Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th December 2011, 17:42   #51
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

-Partly I agree however it is a fact that the manufacturing element of a product is the least profitable one and the money is in design and marketing and branding-

Splitting hairs:xmas-smiley-004:

-However manufacturing does employ people and gives them a feeling of self worth so it isn't and shouldn't always be about the margin. I guess the politico's will argue that they tried to get us nice jobs and not boring prodcution line ones as we do the design etc and poorly paid Chinese do that bit.-

Itīs all about being self sufficiant. To get there is going to cost a lot and the european public donīt want to got back to the times where the nation was more or less self sufficiant. Every one has got used to a certain standard of living but there is no -substance- to sustain that any more.
I wouldnīt rely on design and marketing to save the western worlds bacon. If the eastern world hasnīt caught up (and I havenīt a clue) then they will soon and just cut out the middle man. The -easterner- isnīt as dumb as the west might suppose. They wait, keep quiet, and learn. Then try to to do things in a better way. Donīt think the Chinese are so poorly paid anymore (according to the smog over Beijing). Where are all the bikes. Must be terrible being -bicycle repair man-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfzm9dfqBw
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 20:16   #52
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianinfrance View Post
I agree, the french colleagues, of my wife, at the clinic are saying they don't want Brussels to decide what they spend their money on and Germany finally won!
There has been some talk about protests but it may be just that talk!

So lets separate the peoples of Europe from the politicians and the political elite of Europe.
So far it's just you and me putting the blame where it should be! Mind you, if all the workers in France were as militant as the farmers and lorry drivers........

Regarding the trade balance, yes we do export quite a bit to our European neighbours but we buy even more from them. I can't see the people of Europe suddenly stopping buying our goods and, more importantly, services. That's why our financial services needed protecting, that's what they were after and they failed. If any new EU system were to go down the protectionist route to 'get their own back' they would soon find that they were holding the mucky end of a very sharp stick. So they will be deciding future things with us not 'at the table'. Who the h.ll wants to be there? If we are not a party to new deals, we don't have to obey them. And with their clumsy handling of financial matters how long will it last?

So far as trade is concerned, it's not a case of either, or, Europe or the Commonwealth. Why should it be? It's as well as.
Will China, India,USA, stop trading with us? Not a chance, because they lose as well.

Part of the ruffled feathers of the EU politicos is the sudden realisation that at last someone had the cohones to stand up the bully. About time too.
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote