Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2007, 07:31   #1
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Default Thanks for coming!

This is from all of us.

Hi

To all of you that turned out yesterday a very big thank you from us. The weather forecast was bad but you still came in your numbers and its down to you that the meet went so well. We must admit that after the last few days of glorious spring like weather we were concerned that perhaps some would look at the weather forecast and say to themselves "o'h well we went to Eden or Beaulieu so they won't miss us this time" but you didn't, you still came which is a huge testament to you and your loyalty to the club. Even after you got there with howling winds and the odd shower or two you kept up the spirit of the meet. A very big well done to all of those and thanks for your support. As I said the next one will be somewhere in the NW and we look forward to getting it all set up. There will be no news yet for a few weeks but as soon as we know you will know to. When the gate was left unmanned at noon we had 72 cars in total, if any turned up after that sorry we never saw you come in so you are not added to the number. There is one thing that we got wrong for which we apologise, we never had an itinerary of the day and we were wrongly relying on word of mouth. That will not happen again and everyone will be given a breakdown of whats going on during the meet in future.

There is one group of people I would like to thank on a personal note and that is Christophers wife and children. They manned the gate for two and a half hours in the cold wind so a very big thank you to them from me

Cheers

From all of us
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 08:03   #2
BlueTourer

MG ZT-T

Thumbs up Thanks for organising it!

I had a great day, it was the first time I'd attended one of the events.
The variations and options in what was a mass produced car were amazing.
I couldn't print off my registration slip and didn't realise everybody was in the conference room until very late on, so apologies to all if that seemed rude!
BlueTourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 08:08   #3
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Welcome blueTourer glad you made it

Many thanks to all involved running the day and also those that came along and making it another hit

See you at the next one
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 09:32   #4
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

My personal thanks to everybody involved in organising the meet. Special thanks to Mrs Christopher and the little Christophers, only glad it wasn't me out in the in the cold all morning. Thank you to all our members that braved the icy wind and hail showers to make it a really special day.
Excellent choice of venue, with something for everybody.
I had a really good day chatting to many people, lot's of new faces and some very well known ones.
Looking forward to seeing you all again and many more at the next one.

Last edited by GreyGhost; 19th March 2007 at 09:34..
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 09:55   #5
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

I wondered if there was anything going on in the conference room, never mind, next time I'll get to meet a few more of you.

We both thoroughly enjoyed the day and will look forward to seeing some picture on the site.

Thanks for setting up a great day. Better signage next time please

Best Wishes

Andrew & Wendy
The Yellow Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 11:00   #6
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
This is from all of us.

Hi

To all of you that turned out yesterday a very big thank you from us. The weather forecast was bad but you still came in your numbers and its down to you that the meet went so well. We must admit that after the last few days of glorious spring like weather we were concerned that perhaps some would look at the weather forecast and say to themselves "o'h well we went to Eden or Beaulieu so they won't miss us this time" but you didn't, you still came which is a huge testament to you and your loyalty to the club. Even after you got there with howling winds and the odd shower or two you kept up the spirit of the meet. A very big well done to all of those and thanks for your support. As I said the next one will be somewhere in the NW and we look forward to getting it all set up. There will be no news yet for a few weeks but as soon as we know you will know to. When the gate was left unmanned at noon we had 72 cars in total, if any turned up after that sorry we never saw you come in so you are not added to the number. There is one thing that we got wrong for which we apologise, we never had an itinerary of the day and we were wrongly relying on word of mouth. That will not happen again and everyone will be given a breakdown of whats going on during the meet in future.

There is one group of people I would like to thank on a personal note and that is Christophers wife and children. They manned the gate for two and a half hours in the cold wind so a very big thank you to them from me

Cheers

From all of us
No Ken its our thanks that go to you and the rest of the Guys for putting on another great meet Lilian and myself have a wonderful day so a big thank you once again
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 12:07   #7
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Thanks from us to the organisers and brave soles who put up with the less than perfect weather. We thoroughly enjoyed our day out and the museum exhibits were of genuine interest. How different to the content of both Beaulieu and Gaydon, with the large contingent of American vehicles.

I would have particularly liked to have had a closer look at the SD1 estate that was parked up in a corner. This looked quite a useful car and sadly appears to have been another lost opportunity for the company, allowing the likes of Volvo to clean up.

A plead for next time. We were not aware of the existence of the conference room facility until just before we left, so missed the meeting and presentations. Could we post a time table or something so we are aware of what will be going on and when.

Hope everyone got home safely.

Alasdair and Diane Mackenzie (EnEnGee)
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 12:11   #8
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Although I couldn't make it I'd still like to add my thanks to the organisers.

As it happens, my reason for not going evaporated at the last minute which annoyed me quite a bit.

However, as SWMBO pointed out, I have gained considerably in not now having to undego orthopaedic surgery.

I hope I can get to the next one.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 13:06   #9
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Most enjoyable day guys....thanks very much, I enjoyed meeting everyone and putting names to the faces....

If I learned anything from this event...its that we need to put a 'name' in our title!! I lost count of how many times I said...Hi I'm 'Biker in a suit'.....it sounded like a a stray line from the film Dances with wolves!!.....hello my name is 'stands with a fist'

I feel a name change request looming.

Jamie
Old 19th March 2007, 17:59   #10
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
My personal thanks to everybody involved in organising the meet. Special thanks to Mrs Christopher and the little Christophers, only glad it wasn't me out in the in the cold all morning. Thank you to all our members that braved the icy wind and hail showers to make it a really special day.
Excellent choice of venue, with something for everybody.
I had a really good day chatting to many people, lot's of new faces and some very well known ones.
Looking forward to seeing you all again and many more at the next one.
What about me then GG i was out in it as well had to go to the garage with a welding rod. just like to had many thanks to the team for another great day out, and to all the members for there support. A great night was had at the hotel 23 members turned up. Once again THANK YOU ALL,
got back to-day 2-30 good drive back.