Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th November 2019, 17:35   #1
MGmike
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+ SE

Default Key Fob Not Working

Hi. i have had three 75s and one ZT. i have bought both my sons a 25. I'm a bit of a Rover nut. I know it's not a 75, but my son's 25 is not starting. He dropped the key fob in a puddle and it stopped working. So he used the other one for a few weeks. Which he has now lost!!! So I've gone back to the original one. it doesn't work. I've tried holding button for ages to reset. I've tried using each button in turn many times to reset. I've even tried entering the EKA code via key turning in the lock. No joy. Finally i called out the RAC. They tested the fob and it isn't giving out any signal. I had previously put a brand new battery in it. The key opens and shuts the doors on the central locking. But I can't get around the immobiliser. Autolocksmiths are not interested. I really dont want to scrap this lovely little car. It's only done 58,000 miles and had only one previous owner from new. I spent £300 three weeks ago on new tyres etc to get it through its MOT. Any advice please....
MGmike is offline   Reply With Quote