Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th December 2023, 15:23   #1
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Default Highline TV Analogue to Digital adapter

Having acquired a V6 Connie with highline is it possible to make the TV work again - more out of curiosity but searching various sites it appears the following piece of kit should do it - is this correct and if so how easy to do?

BMW OEM Hybrid Digital TV Tuner E46 M3

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2023, 10:39   #2
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Having acquired a V6 Connie with highline is it possible to make the TV work again - more out of curiosity but searching various sites it appears the following piece of kit should do it - is this correct and if so how easy to do?

BMW OEM Hybrid Digital TV Tuner E46 M3
I put one of these in my ZT260, varying degrees of signal though and you'll have to put up with a large BMW logo on the display when you turn the ignition on. Just plug and play then scan for stations https://mgzt.info/2020/12/15/in-car-...sts_position=0
2004 Monogram Poseidon MGZT cdti
2004 Pearl Black MGZT 260

Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 13th December 2023 at 10:54..
Jeff Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2023, 11:46   #3
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Cheers for that not sure i could put up with a BMW logo - when you say play and plug how do you mean -where does the adapter connect to the Hi Line set up and how ?

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2023, 12:09   #4
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Quote:
Cheers for that not sure i could put up with a BMW logo - when you say play and plug how do you mean -where does the adapter connect to the Hi Line set up and how ?
Remove the analog unit and plug in the new one. Same plugs etc
Old 13th December 2023, 15:41   #5
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
I'm going to guess that there will be a way to remove or replace the logo. That is possible on Jaguar stuff. Maybe check on the BMW or Jag forums on how they displaced the factory installed logo?
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2023, 15:48   #6
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
I put one of these in my ZT260, varying degrees of signal though and you'll have to put up with a large BMW logo on the display when you turn the ignition on. Just plug and play then scan for stations https://mgzt.info/2020/12/15/in-car-...sts_position=0
Jeff, must upgrade mine. Does the photo with the barcode and the various id codes the one(s) to quote beside the generic one you have posted? Guess the best place to obtain a unit will be a breakers as one from BMW (if still available) will be out of my pocket money range.

Also, do you not think that the MGR aerial or tuner may need to be updated to help in stabilising the channel pick-up list?

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2023, 17:58   #7
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Jeff, must upgrade mine. Does the photo with the barcode and the various id codes the one(s) to quote beside the generic one you have posted? Guess the best place to obtain a unit will be a breakers as one from BMW (if still available) will be out of my pocket money range.

Also, do you not think that the MGR aerial or tuner may need to be updated to help in stabilising the channel pick-up list?

Kev
It's just that type of unit , the link shows which one I used. I didn't do anything with the aerial and I'm able to pick up various channels on my travels. If the signal is weak you can't get the television though
Old 13th December 2023, 18:02   #8
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

It's one of these , don't hold me responsible if this one is faulty. This is just to show which unit I have https://picclick.co.uk/track/url/www...N5eA%2Bg%3D%3D
Old 13th December 2023, 19:01   #9
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
It's one of these , don't hold me responsible if this one is faulty. This is just to show which unit I have https://picclick.co.uk/track/url/www...N5eA%2Bg%3D%3D
There are a whole bunch of BMW part nos. for the digital video module, you just need to make sure it has 'hybrid' somewhere on the printed label (and that some naughty trader hasn't just switched the label over...it happens!). The BMW logo will be generated by the DVD Mk4 sat. nav. module in the boot, if you're tech. savvy there are a number of threads on here as to how to recode it to boot-up with an MG or Rover logo or else it will cost you about £25-30 to have it done by a professional.
If you fancy fitting a plug and play widescreen 16:9 BMW bordmonitor head unit to replace the original Rover 4:3 head you'll get a bigger more useful display.

Last edited by rab60bit; 13th December 2023 at 19:05..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2023, 13:32   #10
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
There are a whole bunch of BMW part nos. for the digital video module, you just need to make sure it has 'hybrid' somewhere on the printed label (and that some naughty trader hasn't just switched the label over...it happens!). The BMW logo will be generated by the DVD Mk4 sat. nav. module in the boot, if you're tech. savvy there are a number of threads on here as to how to recode it to boot-up with an MG or Rover logo or else it will cost you about £25-30 to have it done by a professional.
If you fancy fitting a plug and play widescreen 16:9 BMW bordmonitor head unit to replace the original Rover 4:3 head you'll get a bigger more useful display.
Mine does everything I need it to do with the original head unit but I've now also upgraded the sav nav to a DVD one, again a bmw unit, I also purchased a 2020 sat nav dvd disc to get a more up to date version and that works perfectly aswel. All plug and play