Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th February 2021, 15:57   #1
jondonwar
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon connoisseur se cdti

Default alarm and horn bleeping

Hi battery went flat so charged the battery and now when i lock the car with fob the horn makes a single bleep and after a hour or so the alarm goes off any idea whats wrong ? thanks
jondonwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2021, 16:32   #2
Boltonboy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 classic se cdti\ mg zt 120 /rover 75 club 1.8

Mine did this door lock actuator sticking I just greased door lock stopped alarm going off worth a try might work
Boltonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2021, 20:10   #3
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

when you lock the car via the remote, a single beep denotes that a door is ajar,

If youve got a message centre in the instrument pack it will show which door(s) are playing up.

you could try opening and closing each door, from the inside and the outside and see if it clears it, if not one of the actuators is faulty and needs changing
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2021, 20:20   #4
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Mine does the same thing now and then.--But only in cold weather. If I open and close the drivers door sharply it cures it.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2021, 20:49   #5
Simonruss

Rover 75 tourer

Angry

Just today I have had a new experience with Rover 75 ownership that my central locking will not lock with either the key or fob, but will unlock.
There are no doors open, nor does the dash say so, but I just get a single beep when trying to lock the car. My instinct says it's the drivers door mechanism that's at fault, but before I spend £110 at Rimmers on a new one I thought to ask if anyone here has solved this issue before.
Simonruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2021, 21:06   #6
Boltonboy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 classic se cdti\ mg zt 120 /rover 75 club 1.8

Hi mate I have just had this same problem from the cold weather have just wd40 the door lock a few times slammed them a few times fine now maybe give this a try hopefully it works in your case
Boltonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2021, 17:43   #7
Tyred

R75 Saloon

Default Sticky stuff used by garage to 'lubricate' locks

Hi, Just to mention that a couple of years ago during the winter I had a problem with the back passenger door. First it would not unlock and then it unlocked but would not then stay shut as the lock would not hold. At the same time I was sometimes having the alarm go off when I tried to lock the car. I gave the lock a good spray with WD40 to loosen it and I haven't had a problem in that way with it since. I notice that the previous owner had the car serviced at a garage and they seemed to use a white spray on all the locks (and the surrounding paintwork). Over the last few years I have been gradually removing all the excess goo from the locks and adjacent paintwork using white spirit. I have then used real oil to lubricate the door hinges rather than the white spray goo that the garage had been using.
Tyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2021, 20:09   #8
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyred View Post
Hi, Just to mention that a couple of years ago during the winter I had a problem with the back passenger door. First it would not unlock and then it unlocked but would not then stay shut as the lock would not hold. At the same time I was sometimes having the alarm go off when I tried to lock the car. I gave the lock a good spray with WD40 to loosen it and I haven't had a problem in that way with it since. I notice that the previous owner had the car serviced at a garage and they seemed to use a white spray on all the locks (and the surrounding paintwork). Over the last few years I have been gradually removing all the excess goo from the locks and adjacent paintwork using white spirit. I have then used real oil to lubricate the door hinges rather than the white spray goo that the garage had been using.
That white spray is usually the very best thing to use as it's a WATERPROOF grease.--It won't wash off like oil or WD 40.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote