Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd April 2012, 16:50   #21
Leafie
Regular poster

MG

After a bit more digging today I suspect the data may be the same (or at least similar) to that output from the BMW BM24 radio module. So another angle of attack!
Leafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:53   #22
milosnikolic
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafie View Post
After a bit more digging today I suspect the data may be the same (or at least similar) to that output from the BMW BM24 radio module. So another angle of attack!
Great job ! Keep on researching and post some data captures here, I'm very keen to see it.

btw, are you using Resler's interface and NavCoder? and where are you accessing the ibus wire on the IPK (18-pin connector, pin 3 ?)

Last edited by milosnikolic; 3rd April 2012 at 16:57..
milosnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:56   #23
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Sorry to go off topic a little but I have a related question

Do you guys know if the coolant temp, RPMs, Speed, MPG etc are on the iBus? Or just in the IKE?

Obviously info like RPM, speed etc get to the OBD socket. Is the format changed from the iBus to the OBD port?

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 11:30   #24
Leafie
Regular poster

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosnikolic View Post
Great job ! Keep on researching and post some data captures here, I'm very keen to see it.

btw, are you using Resler's interface and NavCoder? and where are you accessing the ibus wire on the IPK (18-pin connector, pin 3 ?)
I'm using Resler's interface and a bit of VB I knocked up (easiest as my car PC is currently running XP).

If you can post up the data you sniffed that would be helpful. There is a version of the Sat Nav that displays directions on the IKE and maybe this is done with bitmaps, so having the data for the TrafficMaster logo onto the Nav-Bus might unlock this.
Old 4th April 2012, 11:39   #25
Leafie
Regular poster

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
Sorry to go off topic a little but I have a related question

Do you guys know if the coolant temp, RPMs, Speed, MPG etc are on the iBus? Or just in the IKE?

Obviously info like RPM, speed etc get to the OBD socket. Is the format changed from the iBus to the OBD port?
Coolant and outside temp, Speed and RPM are definately on the I-bus (sent from the IKE). Not dug further yet,

80 06 BF 19 [Outside temp byte] [Coolant temp byte] 00 xx

80 05 BF 18 [Speed byte/2] [RPM byte/100] xx
Old 4th April 2012, 15:00   #26
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Coolant and outside temp, Speed and RPM are definately on the I-bus (sent from the IKE). Not dug further yet,

80 06 BF 19 [Outside temp byte] [Coolant temp byte] 00 xx

80 05 BF 18 [Speed byte/2] [RPM byte/100] xx
Thanks for the reply.

I'm playing around with my Dynavin D99 at the moment but all I can get on the OBC screen are the outside and coolant temps - see pic below. I don't have all the readings shown in the pic - this is from a BMW.

I don't think the other info is available on our iBus e.g. voltage, tank capacity, distance to empty, MPG. Are these only on the IKE?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0577.jpg (69.8 KB, 121 views)

Old 4th April 2012, 15:30   #27
Leafie
Regular poster

MG

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

I'm playing around with my Dynavin D99 at the moment but all I can get on the OBC screen are the outside and coolant temps - see pic below. I don't have all the readings shown in the pic - this is from a BMW.

I don't think the other info is available on our iBus e.g. voltage, tank capacity, distance to empty, MPG. Are these only on the IKE?
If I find out I'll let you know. There are a lots of messages that have not been decoded by anyone I've found on the Internet. There appear to be messages where you can request data from the IKE, so that might do what you need or maybe not, but whether you can make it work with that device is another question.
Old 4th April 2012, 15:34   #28
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
If I find out I'll let you know. There are a lots of messages that have not been decoded by anyone I've found on the Internet. There appear to be messages where you can request data from the IKE, so that might do what you need or maybe not, but whether you can make it work with that device is another question.
The D99 that I have was designed for the BMW E46. I thought that both cars had the same bus system (Ibus on the Beemer and K bus on ours) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Does the OBD port present data in the same format as I/K buses? I might try and connect there.

Old 4th April 2012, 15:51   #29
Leafie
Regular poster

MG

Quote:
The D99 that I have was designed for the BMW E46. I thought that both cars had the same bus system (Ibus on the Beemer and K bus on ours) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Does the OBD port present data in the same format as I/K buses? I might try and connect there.

The OBD port is different to the I-Bus.
Old 4th April 2012, 20:11   #30
milosnikolic
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quote:
I'm using Resler's interface and a bit of VB I knocked up (easiest as my car PC is currently running XP).

If you can post up the data you sniffed that would be helpful. There is a version of the Sat Nav that displays directions on the IKE and maybe this is done with bitmaps, so having the data for the TrafficMaster logo onto the Nav-Bus might unlock this.
No problem, I will post the data on Saturday. FYI - the wire that is used by TM module to display TM messages on IKE LCD screen is the SAME wire used by "low line" navigation to display textual navigation messages. In regard to TM logo displayed on the screen, I think IKE is "preconfigured" to display it when it gets reply from device ID of TM module (3F - same as DIAG, which is a bit confusing).

See some data below, but as was advised by Jochen (NavCoder author) I need to put 10k resistor between Ibus and 12V and try again, which I will do on Saturday

Last edited by milosnikolic; 4th April 2012 at 20:14..
milosnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote