Hi lads I'm wondering does anyone on here know of a lwb 75 diesel for sale
would love to get my hands on one
karmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 23:24   #2
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as things get 'buried' very quickly in the General Forum.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 03:57   #3
RoverDan
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Tourer, Limo

I'm not sure how many diesel ones were converted, the vast majority were petrol and many believe that they were only petrol. I presume you are familiar with this article on AROnline, and this page for LWB bodyshell sections on Rimmer's site gives a good idea of how the 4 & 6 door conversions were done.

I have a diesel auto 4-door LWB that my father keeps and uses. it's not for sale! Perhaps the following notes may be of use though?

The differences with the 4-door LWB / Vanden Plas and normal saloon are subtle from the driver's seat - a little more 'float' on undulating roads, but minimal difference in general performance. The LWB seems to scrape its mudflaps a little more - perhaps the spring rates are different to allow for extra passenger comfort? From the driver's point of view the rear window seems oddly far away in the mirror, and you're never going to reach anything you casually chucked on the back seat before setting out. Parking requires longer spaces and I would recommend the fitment of parking sensors for confidence - imagine reverse parking the saloon with added vagueness!

You wouldn't expect to do paid limo work (e.g. weddings) with a 4-door LWB; although it has the extra room inside, from the outside it doesn't look distinctive enough to feel special. So if you were thinking that it would earn its keep...!

Mechanically you can detect the stretch in adaptations behind the B-pillar - imagine a properly professional 'cut and shut' job. The exhaust is the most obvious, but normally hidden of course, with a cut and a sleeve welded in to extend it. The rear doors and door cards are constructed slightly differently but use standard door furniture so look standard inside and out, rear door windows are bespoke and marked as MacNeillie. One little durability concern I have with mine is some surface corrosion starting on both lower rear door skin edges - I'm keeping an eye on it. The carpets were cut behind the front seat rear mounting bolts and extended with bespoke sections glued into the rear footwells - a pain when you come to change the handbrake compensator. The roof lining was also cut, with a 10" panel overlaid across the gap that houses a second dashboard clock up in the roof - a very nice touch. I haven't needed to delve into the loom specifically, so cannot say whether it too has an extension spliced in (I would suspect so) but it offers all the functions of a Connie SE with boot mounted satnav & TV receiver etc. Rust proofing around the 'cut and shut' on the body structure appears good.

The 6-door limo is pretty much the same but more - I see a petrol one periodically in and about Exeter as the council still run one. I've never had a close look over it, but I would expect the conversion to be executed as per the 4-door, but more so.

If looking over a prospective purchase, check it mechanically and cosmetically as per any other 75 saloon. Bear in mind that any damage or faults around the rear doors or passenger area will more likely require a trip to a bodyshop or bespoke trimmer to rectify. That said, Rimmers do still stock a number of body, door, and glass parts specific to the LWB - search for 'Rover 75 limousine'.

HTH.

CDT
auto Club Saloon
CDT
auto Connoisseur SE Tourer
CDT
auto Connoisseur MacNeillie Limousine
RoverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 04:41   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I have seen a lwb diesel in Hull, neptune blue interior too!
Old 6th October 2015, 07:26   #5
karmad

75 saloon

Thanks for reply .I would prefer to buy one but if not I will convert a petrol one to diesel
Old 6th October 2015, 09:26   #6
karmad

75 saloon

Is there any petrol Lwb for sale anywhere ?
Old 7th October 2015, 20:43   #7
karmad

75 saloon

No one knows anyone with a Lwb for sale??
Old 16th November 2016, 16:14   #8
LimoRog
Loves to post

1 MG ZTt 180+ Monogram Caledonian Tourer, 1 LWB,1 Contemporary Tourer,2 Hearses & 3 Six Door Limo's

Default LWB 2.0 diesel wanted

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232131334019

This is the Hulls Ex Mayoral Car, the only one in Blue with Neptune leather interior. This is only one of three 6 doors with personal line interiors, I own the other two which both have aubergine leather .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LimoRog; 16th November 2016 at 16:24..
LimoRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 00:32   #9
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoRog View Post
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232131334019

This is the Hulls Ex Mayoral Car, the only one in Blue with Neptune leather interior. This is only one of three 6 doors with personal line interiors, I own the other two which both have aubergine leather .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like you have a chance to complete your set, Roger

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote