Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th August 2017, 19:48   #161
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Clyde, Cliff, I have to totally agree with you, an absolutely brilliant day and the weather played ball as well .

Shot in excess of 2 hours of video, it may well take me some time to edit it .
I must admit, I took a handful of photos, then gave up. So many stunning cars it was hard to know which way to turn.

Only downside to the day - sunburnt ears!!

Huge thanks to all involved behind the scenes with this meet, and really looking forward to the video. Don't worry though Jim, I can be quite patient when required (though my wife may disagree)

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 19:50   #162
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I must concur with every one we spoke to, what a superb get together, I have a feeling my LWB was the only one in attendance, a lot of people came over and asked a lot of questions, two people said it was the first time they had actually seen one,
Limo Rog made himself known to me and is going to find out a bit about it for me.
We must thank all people who had obviously gave up their time and made it a success that it was.

Rev Jules
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 19:52   #163
LimoRog
Loves to post

1 MG ZTt 180+ Monogram Caledonian Tourer, 1 LWB,1 Contemporary Tourer,2 Hearses & 3 Six Door Limo's

Default Announcing Roverfest inc 24th Club National Meet 11th-13th August 2017

Great day out and thanks to all who organised such a great event. Not bad the V8 Tourer got me back at 8.00pm with two stops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LimoRog; 13th August 2017 at 19:54..
LimoRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 20:15   #164
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoRog View Post
Great day out and thanks to all who organised such a great event. Not bad the V8 Tourer got me back at 8.00pm with two stops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came over and had a good look lovely looking car.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 20:48   #165
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Thank you to everyone who came along. The final figures will be with me in the coming days, but we believe we had nearly 800 cars at Wroxall, which according to our colleagues from the other clubs (with better memories than me) made the weekend quite possibly the largest meeting for the Rover marque in memory.

The range of cars on display was quite incredible, spanning so much of Rover's history. And when you get a member of the New Zealand club flying over specifically for Roverfest, plus such a strong contingent from France, the USA, Australia, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands, you discover just how loved the badge really is.

I'll also thank Paul (and Adam), Clyde and of course Brian for their time and energy to get the marquee up, take the time to meet up with so many of you, and generally running around an awful lot. I believe we had 105 from the club, which is excellent - the rows of 75 and ZT models on display was stunning.

On that note, I'm going to be away for a couple of days - I need to rest my feet!

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 21:40   #166
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

A very good meet earlier today, and unlike what happens at Pride of Longbridge it was nice to see all the 75s and ZTs parked together for a change irrespective of which forum/club you belong to.

I met up with people I hadnt seen for a while,and owners there from Australia, New Zealand and Belgium to name just a few , and nice to meet up with Pete again now that he is back on the scene.

It was a great venue and there were some fabulous cars present, I finally saw Teflon's in the flesh and couldn't find a spec of dust on it anywhere but there were lots of others in pristine condition too, saw the rare Rover 75 tourer V8 owned by limorog, plus plenty of other V8s.

I took some pictures which you will hopefully be able to see below, I am testing out Imgur as a host for my pictures for the first time now that Photobucket have diversified into the highway robbery business.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 21:40   #167
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 21:45   #168
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Can I echo Pete's comments on thanking all who attended this great event. Apparently there was even a Lagoon coloured Rover P5 at the show, sadly I didn't get a look at it as I was in demand at the club gazebo for much of the day.

It was grand to chat to so many members today, and enroll many new ones to the club too

The turnout from our club was extraordinary and really shows what a committed bunch of owners you are, all willing to chat and share their knowledge and experience with others.

My personal thanks must go to Pete for liasing with the Joint Rover Clubs committee over the last few months and tirelessly trudging round the site with his trusty books of raffle tickets today making sure it all went smoothly.

Also to Actros (Brian) for helping me make sure the club gazebo was manned for the entire day, as well as being car park marshal in the morning attempting to fit 105 odd Rover 75s into an area allocated to us for 75! Thanks too to nev the bear (Clyde) who assisted Actros in achieving the impossible as parking wrangler number two

And finally to my boy Adam who at the age of 10 now seems to have mastered the intricacies of running the club shop virtually single handed, I know he really enjoyed himself and loved meeting everyone today.

Thanks again to all that brought their cars and themselves, you did the marque proud

I too am off to soak my feet in a clarol foot spa and smother myself in copious amounts of after sun
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 22:28   #169
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Well done everyone, thoroughly enjoyed the day. A fantastic selection of cars and an ever increasing standard of restoration

Hope you arrived home safely Paul and didn't get too confused by the road signs.... maybe Adam should travel with you permanently ?
Old 13th August 2017, 23:12   #170
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

An extremely well attended rally. I don't attend as many Rover shows as l used to but it was a very memorable show with a superb standard & variety of Rover's through the years. Not to mention the workaday cars that are still doing what they were designed to do & wearing the patina of their years with pride.
lt was certainly a kick up the bum to get my 'P' Rover's back out on the highways where they belong.

One day l'll come across a Rover velocipede forgotten & forlorn in a secondhand shop somewhere..... hopefully.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 13th August 2017 at 23:15..
The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote