Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th November 2017, 08:49   #51
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool .......................... and part three of Saturday.

It's a long time standing and walking about when you consider that I was out of bed at 6am and would not be seeing my bed again till about midnight. So I was feeling really good that the arthritis in my knees and feet was holding up well. The ache was yet to come.

With a steady stream of visitors still attending the stand. And the club shop seemed to be doing a good business. So everything was tickty boo, just as a well organised unit should be. The time just seemed to fly by. Approaching our cut off time, it was time to start breaking everything down. Telly's to be turned off and everything from the shop was packed away in Clyde's ZTT. The thought of that long walk back to the car park was looming.

But Clyde and Cliff suggested that we took the shuttle bus back. So like a crocodile of school children we lined up for the bus. Waited a few minutes and aboard we was, at least we all got a seat. Alighted at our car park and aimed, hopefully, for the pylon where we would find our cars waiting. Once we was loaded we joined the queue to get out. We had a meal booked at a local Indian restaurant for 8pm, it was now 7.10pm. Pete got me back to the car park where Banana was parked in record time. Then I followed back to the hotel, once owned by Norman Bates. Then we had time to change then back to the restaurant, this time in Pete's car by 8pm.

The rest of the team were waiting, and a welcoming pint of Cobra. With our meals ordered we chatted about, of all things, past children's TV's programs. Going back to our childhood heroe's. Well at least they never went back to my childhood days. We toasted and clinked our glasses together and said how we had enjoyed the day. I said the drinking toast that I knew which involves a banjo and some skin. After the hysterical laughter had stopped, I repeated it again as Paul thought he had mis-heard, but he had not.
(( Alas I cannot repeat the toast on the open forum )).

Then it was time to wend our way back to our hotels, but now my knees and feet were crying enough but I got in, and out, of Pete's car ok. Once back at the MFI flat packed hotel I had just enough time to make a hot drink, write part of my report before tiredness overwhelmed me.

Oh! Well. Tomorrow is our final day.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 12th November 2017 at 08:52..
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 09:03   #52
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool And there I was singing the praises....................

........................... Of the Premier Inn breakfasts, alas they failed miserably this morning for us. Although the rest of the team had already ordered and with their food coming along, we ordered ours. Now the restaurant was not that busy, but it took them 40 minutes to bring our food out.
Clyde offered to go over to Sainsburys to get our meal deals, so that was job less to do. He was even back before we hot our food.

But soon time to depart, Banana was left guarding the pub for the final day. We did have a 3rd car travelling with us today, Dave's Lexus. He had the calendars to collect from the stand to ferry back to Brian, (Actros), for him to post out to the members. (September is a good picture).

This time when we got to the NEC we parked in yet another car park. We counted at least 6 ZT's parked up and a few 75's. Getting common these cars these days. Then a walk back into the compound and onto our stand.
Clyde had arranged for Penelope Pit Stop to come by our stand to pose beside the display cars.

To be continued.

onen hag oll
Old 13th November 2017, 08:00   #53
LimoRog
Loves to post

1 MG ZTt 180+ Monogram Caledonian Tourer, 1 LWB,1 Contemporary Tourer,2 Hearses & 3 Six Door Limo's

Default Classic Car Show 2017 @ NEC

Last day and home

My thanks for a great weekend, especially for the guys Paul, Dave, Cliff, Clyde, Neil along with my fellow Coventry Hill hotel residents Pete and Bob. Finally got home at 9.45 pm to Bournemouth with a pit stop at Newbury Services for me and my V8 Tourer but a shame not with Penelope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LimoRog; 13th November 2017 at 08:27..
LimoRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 08:33   #54
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool A chill ran down my spine.........................

................................................ at 11am. We had stood quietly on the 11th to remember those that had fallen in battle. But today, on Remembrance Sunday, it had a different feeling. Must be my age.

Once again the stand was in full flow. And today I was being let loose to enrol new members on our stand under Paul's guidance. I even got one New member to fill out all the relevant details, and all I had to do was take his money. Result!!!
The club shop was doing a roaring trade and the Calendars were selling well, (Did I mention about the picture in September?), Dave was happy that the Calendars were selling as it would be less weight to carry when he took the remainder back at the close of the show.

Clyde had arranged for the lady, dressed as Penelope Pit Stop, to come to our stand for some more pictures to be taken. But there were other plans afoot to be sorted out. As it was Cliff's Birthday today we had a wee surprise for him lined up. No! No! Not any naked ladies. Although Pete did offer to jump out of the cake shouting "Surprise". Wait till you see the size of the cake.
Paul had bought a card for us all to sign in secret. And Paul came up with the idea to maybe get Cliff a gift to remind him of the day, and off the show.

It was suggested maybe a key ring or a car sticker. But Paul came up with the ideal suggestion providing we was all willing to chip in to spread the cost. And I thought that the £35.78 each would help towards the fabulous gift. Paul had managed to acquire a 3 day pass for this years Classic Car Show at the NEC and as a bonus Cliff would also receive a voucher to stay in the same exclusive hotel as Pete, Roger and I was in.

Of course that was not the gift that Cliff was to get. When the cars were being set up on the stand on Thursday he had remarked about the "show" plates that Paul had put on his car, covering the number plates front and rear. So Paul suggested that a set of "show" plates would make a great gift. And the cost was met by us on the stand.

A gentleman stopped by on the stand and he had his son with him, and this young chap turned out to be "Rover2003", our 14 year old member. James Taylor the author stopped by, Dave was pleased as he was hoping that James would sign his book. Clyde was gutted as he had left his book at home. Mccano dropped in to say hello. He had travelled all the way from Italy in his Rover 75. Not only to attend the show but to visit family here in the UK. "Penelope Pit Stop" came over and had her picture taken beside Clyde's car, then Cliff's and finally by Roger's. We didn't tell her what Roger does for a living. Thought best not.
Damien Jennings, professional photographer and a friend of both Cliff and myself, stopped to say hello. He also took some "special" photo's of Cliff and his car. Pictures to be a birthday gift.

I finally enrolled two new members. Chuffed to bits that I had finally managed to get it right, and thanks to Paul for having the patience to guide me through the process. Although he was seen a bit later banging his head against the wall and mumbling something about Banana's. Many thanks to those that brought along the vouchers, I still have no idea what they were for. It's my age.
We wanted to get the right moment to spring our surprise on Cliff, but as soon as we got the team together then a visitor would come and ask a question or want to join the club. But eventually we had a 'quiet' moment.

Those that know Cliff will know that he takes everything in his stride but I do believe he was totally Gobsmacked at the surprise. A card, a cake and a very special gift to round his birthday off. Congratulations Cliff.

Now the show was coming to an end. The NEC had been our home for the last 4 days. It was sort of sad that we would be leaving. But first the stand had to be dismantled. With most of it taken down, Dave collected the calendars, ( Did I mention about.............), and he said his goodbyes and left. Then Paul and Pete went to get there cars and bring back into the hall to collect everything. Paul was also going to give me a lift back to the car park at the Premier Inn for me to collect Banana.

(And a little story about Banana being "spotted". Two of our forum members were travelling by car to the NEC, husband and wife, and they were discussing how were the cars chosen for the display. And as they drove past the hotel car park they both saw Banana shining in the sunlight and the wife remarked, "Now why isn't that beauty on display?" The story was told to Cliff who relayed the story to me.
And as you all know Banana was on the stand in 2014).

Whilst we waited for the cars to come back we swept up and made our area tidy. Paul drove in followed by Pete, I spotted Cliff cleaning his car again. Good job the equipment cars turned up when they did otherwise Clyde would be Nevving again. It was like a giant jigsaw getting the stuff into the cars, every item had it's own place to be packed in. Once loaded then it was time to say our goodbyes. Roger led followed by Cliff, Clyde, Pete and finally us.

Paul pulled into the petrol station opposite the premier Inn to drop me off and who pulled in behind, Clyde. And why had he come here to get his fuel, 'cos he had a voucher for money off and extra Nectar points.

I got into Banana and let out a huge sigh. It was over. Time to go home. Set the map up on my ipad to guide me onto the motorway. I might have been to a show and seen lots of fabulous cars but I was glad to be back into my car. And it was a clear run home with no hold ups. Even the M25 was kind.

And now some photo's at long last.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6156.jpg (123.7 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6161.jpg (129.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6163.jpg (125.6 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6168.jpg (132.6 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6175.jpg (118.6 KB, 108 views)

onen hag oll

Last edited by Reebs; 13th November 2017 at 15:39.. Reason: pics enlarged
Old 13th November 2017, 08:37   #55
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

More photo's............................

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6177.jpg (118.9 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6183.jpg (137.3 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6185.jpg (133.9 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6186.jpg (123.0 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6187.jpg (122.6 KB, 177 views)

onen hag oll

Last edited by Reebs; 13th November 2017 at 15:42.. Reason: pics enlarged
Old 13th November 2017, 08:40   #56
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Even more pictures.........................

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6227.jpg (132.0 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6228.jpg (133.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6230.jpg (134.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6199.jpg (132.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6220.jpg (121.9 KB, 106 views)

onen hag oll

Last edited by Reebs; 13th November 2017 at 15:45.. Reason: added pictures
Old 13th November 2017, 08:41   #57
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool But it dosen't finish there...................

........................................ I'll post up some of the funny quips and a few more pictures a bit later on.

onen hag oll
Old 13th November 2017, 09:25   #58
Swordy
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 Saloon, Rover 75 Tourer

Default Good to meet you

Good to see you and the team yesterday, great to have a presence at the show and that the cars were getting lots of attention!!
Fantastic credit for all the TLC of those on display!!

Paul
Swordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 10:20   #59
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Had a great Saturday afternoon & Sunday at the show. Thanks to Nev & Flying Banana for the chats and showing is the stunning cars. Meant to leave my address with Nev so he can pop up and clean my 75, its filthy after the 650 odd miles there and back.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 11:11   #60
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

A great write up Bob, very entertaining . If you've no objections, I'll print it off and keep it with my other '75 documentation as a souvenir of a special weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post

Those that know Cliff will know that he takes everything in his stride but I do believe he was totally Gobsmacked at the surprise. A card, a cake and a very special gift to round his birthday off. Congratulations Cliff.
You're dead right - totally gobsmacked! So grateful to all involved, it was a really lovely end to a fantastic weekend. Great cars and terrific company! I must admit, I pootled home with the cruise set at 60 mph as I knew that once I got home, the weekend would be over and I really didn't want it to end.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote