Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th July 2018, 19:10   #41
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

I just really don’t know where these fantastic figures come from for an SU carburetted Rover 3.5 V8 lump which in original form was 160BHP but could be made to achieve perhaps some 200. Getting 530 BHP is really pie in the sky .
From memory there was one attempt made to use and certify a direct drive Rover V8 de-rated to 120BHP for light aircraft use in a De-Havilland Chipmunk back in the 1970’s and I recall it did fly. Not sure what happened after that but the aircraft (G-ARB) still exists and has been reverted back to a standard Gypsy Major engine. The only other aircraft flying around with Rover engines that I’m aware of are using the TP90 and derivative gas turbines but even then your only talking around the 80-90HP mark.
Thomas I would be genuinely interested in knowing where you get these “facts and fantastic performance figures from especially when you consider that anything over 90HP in a World War 1 aircraft would tear the canvas and wings off in short shrift. Be entertaining tho

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Old 9th July 2018, 19:41   #42
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Ok lets turn it around... How about a plane engine in a Rover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZIU54WYxw
Old 9th July 2018, 19:46   #43
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Can I be honest here?
If I came on and trolled and talked complete b*llo*cks every week with made up cobblers worse than an afternoon with Trikey on some mad beard growing cider I would of been banned years ago.
I couldnt go into a pub when I was 17 and drink real ale or beer or spirits and tell people what was a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- as I didnt have a clue but we pat Thomas on the head like a little lap dog and tell him this that and the other where its obvious he is clueless.
So yes he went to a car show and now he is allowed to talk complete shyte and get away with his dreams.
Buy a new X Box I will contribute and come back in 5 years when he can drive, appreciate the cost of time and money and a pie is something from Marinabrians favorite chipper in Whitley Bay not an idea that came to you whilst you sat on the pan reading Practical Classics.
Yes there is an ignore button but Ive had enough. Maybe if he started a thread about the S reg OVP and whats happened to it after members put hours of graft and parts into it might get a response from the moderators who seem to think he is the future member.
A once decent club has descended into a shambles sadly.
or as thomas would say its his chyce an he can do as he wunts to do.

Last edited by coab; 10th July 2018 at 05:05..
Old 9th July 2018, 20:30   #44
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
The plane company bought off rover back in the 80s as a 3.5 and every little thing got replaced making 530 horsepower shame of the back story was meant to go in a ww1 plane but the guy only lived to see the engine done wounded what happened to the ww1 plane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hello Thomas.

With all due respect....this is just pure fantasy and i'm not meaning to be disrespectful.
Old 9th July 2018, 20:33   #45
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1961 View Post
Hello Thomas.With all due respect....this is just pure fantasy and i'm not meaning to be disrespectful.
Not just that, also pretty disrespectful to the people who actually did die as a result of fighting for their country.
Old 9th July 2018, 20:35   #46
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I've got more teeth marks on my tongue it's getting difficult to talk One thing I will say though, his posts get more responses than any other
Old 9th July 2018, 20:40   #47
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

It's heading towards closure.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
Old 9th July 2018, 20:49   #48
Jackstevens98
Loves to post

Rover 75

All I will comment is that I will be ignoring all posts from rover2003 going forward as they belong in the world of fantasy and are not at all helpful for this forum. If it were my choice I would click the ban button but that that is for others to decide.

on the flipside I will now be buying a Victorian milkfload that has a jeep engine in it and fitting a rover 75 shell to it and I will then restart production at longbridge.

oh sorry I was in pure fantasy land.
Old 9th July 2018, 20:50   #49
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

I got no strings

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Old 10th July 2018, 02:43   #50
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
Can I be honest here?
If I came on and trolled and talked complete b*llo*cks every week with made up cobblers worse than an afternoon with Trikey on some mad beard growing cider I would of been banned years ago.
I couldnt go into a pub when I was 17 and drink real ale or beer or spirits and tell people what was a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- as I didnt have a clue but we pat Thomas on the head like a little lap dog and tell him this that and the other where its obvious he is clueless.
So yes he went to a car show and now he is allowed to talk complete shyte and get away with his dreams.
Buy a new X Box I will contribute and come back in 5 years when he can drive, appreciate the cost of time and money and a pie is something from Marinabrians favorite chipper in Whitley Bay not and idea that came to you whilst you sat on the pan reading Practical Classics.
Yes there is an ignore button but Ive had enough. Maybe if he started a thread about the S reg OVP and whats happened to it after members put hours of graft and parts into it might get a response from the moderators who seem to think he is the future member.
A once decent club has descended into a shambles sadly.
or as thomas would say its his chyce an he can do as he wunts to do.
I fully agree. When as said this once a great place to be it's getting ridiculous. Alot of the folk I have met through this club be it physically or just through here are now either not posting on here as much or not at all. I used to look at and post quite frequently but these nonsensical threads are just keeping me and other folk away.

Now I don't wish Thomas to leave just please let one of your parents proof read what you write. Not just for spelling but for fantastical stories.

Anyway enough of that rant I'm just about to leave work
Closed Thread