Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th December 2018, 16:10   #11
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
as above this coming july i intend to get another car.keeping the 75 is not a option.but i am in a mental muddle as what to do.this is normal for me b.t.w.
options are strip out all the goodies i have added to it such as the bmw head unit bmw hybrid tuner etc (i dont think there is now much call for this stuff). drivers cup holder walnut wheel plus other bits then trade it in.
try and sell it as is.but its a diesel with over 100k on the clock.
but the good bit is unlike several others i have looked at is does not have terminal sill rot.
strip completely for parts then weigh it in.this is unlikely as the market is flooded with bits and i will end up with all the stuff no one wants.
any honest advice welcome.

My honest opinion is try and sell it as it is first - you might be surprised! Taking all the good bits off and selling them separately sounds the ideal route but you have to a. actually sell them (which is a pain) and b. take them off the car and post them (which is possibly an even bigger pain).

mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 16:19   #12
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
My honest opinion is try and sell it as it is first - you might be surprised! Taking all the good bits off and selling them separately sounds the ideal route but you have to a. actually sell them (which is a pain) and b. take them off the car and post them (which is possibly an even bigger pain).

thank you for your advice.that is now the plan intend to sell at the basic price of just the extras.or in the region of.
Old 12th December 2018, 16:46   #13
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

It's a failed relationship,.... just scrap it.
Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 16:59   #14
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

thank you for all the advice. moderators if you could now close this that will be great
Old 12th December 2018, 17:08   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
as above this coming july i intend to get another car.keeping the 75 is not a option.but i am in a mental muddle as what to do.this is normal for me b.t.w.
options are strip out all the goodies i have added to it such as the bmw head unit bmw hybrid tuner etc (i dont think there is now much call for this stuff). drivers cup holder walnut wheel plus other bits then trade it in.
try and sell it as is.but its a diesel with over 100k on the clock.
but the good bit is unlike several others i have looked at is does not have terminal sill rot.
strip completely for parts then weigh it in.this is unlikely as the market is flooded with bits and i will end up with all the stuff no one wants.
any honest advice welcome.
why is keeping the 75 not an option?.
the time and trouble it takes to remove parts may mean it is just easier to sell as one.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 17:13   #16
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
why is keeping the 75 not an option?.
the time and trouble it takes to remove parts may mean it is just easier to sell as one.

macafee2
because i only have one garage for a car to fit in and no where else to park it.
otherwise i would.plus for other reasons which i am not about to discuss in public i now want to move on.
Old 12th December 2018, 17:14   #17
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

I gave one away rather than try to sell it for spares/scrap - however that was one which needed money spent on it to keep it going. If yours is in good nick then maybe leave one or two goodies on there like the audio gear in order to help it sell, restore the rest to factory standard, remove some of the more valuable/easily replaced items to sell separately, such as the steering wheel and the cup-holder for £150 or so, and look for at least £800-900 for the car, assuming it's not a very low spec.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2018, 17:21   #18
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
I gave one away rather than try to sell it for spares/scrap - however that was one which needed money spent on it to keep it going. If yours is in good nick then maybe leave one or two goodies on there like the audio gear in order to help it sell, restore the rest to factory standard, remove some of the more valuable/easily replaced items to sell separately, such as the steering wheel and the cup-holder for £150 or so, and look for at least £800-900 for the car, assuming it's not a very low spec.
its a connie se with highline it is tidy with no issues atm .as previously advised will try to move as a whole.if that fails i will put it back to factory standard.
Old 21st February 2019, 10:39   #19
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

will be up for sale nxt week with any luck.
rover 75 conny se with highline upgraded to bmw 16.9 cd player.bmw dvd nav drive.bmw hybrid tuner and bmw bluetooth kbus clock and a bm 54 radio module.most jobs done on her including new oem fuel pumps springs shocks etc.
full add to follow.