Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th January 2019, 19:07   #1
chillyphil
Gets stuck in

MGZT-T

Default Missing from the tourer boot

Hi,

I've bought my first tourer, it's a ZT 190, looking for some info on what the boot should contain.

On the Nearside there is a set of straps, looks like it should hold something, anything special?

Looking under the load area, I have an emergency temporary wheel. On top of this is a round, deep moulding which looks like it should contain something which is missing, Does anyone know what should be in there?

Also, is there space to put in a full size straight instead of the emergency, without fouling the moulding?

There is also a series of moulded polystyrene pieces with slots containing the Jack etc.

It has most of the items I think, but there is an empty square at the furthest point from the boot lid, what should be there?

Also, on the left, when facing the boot, in the polystyrene moulding, there is a hard plastic, two part moulded thing, is this part of the Jack, or has it some other strange use?

Phil
chillyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 20:27   #2
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Also, on the left, when facing the boot, in the polystyrene moulding, there is a hard plastic, two part moulded thing, is this part of the Jack, or has it some other strange use?
wheel chocks, spin them through 180 and you get a big triangle for wedging under the wheel
It has most of the items I think, but there is an empty square at the furthest point from the boot lid, what should be there?
if this is in the tailgate its for the emergency red triangle
Also, is there space to put in a full size straight instead of the emergency, without fouling the moulding?
No a full size will not fit without some modification to the moulding
Old 29th January 2019, 09:13   #3
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillyphil View Post
Hi,

I've bought my first tourer, it's a ZT 190, looking for some info on what the boot should contain.

On the Nearside there is a set of straps, looks like it should hold something, anything special?

Looking under the load area, I have an emergency temporary wheel. On top of this is a round, deep moulding which looks like it should contain something which is missing, Does anyone know what should be in there?

There is also a series of moulded polystyrene pieces with slots containing the Jack etc.

Phil
must be quite early the straps in the side load space are for holding bottles etc to stop them rolling around later deleted .the square hole at the top is for a bulb kit.aldi do kits from time to time that fit perfect but i am sure there are others that will do.
Old 29th January 2019, 09:16   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I can only vouch for a CDTI tourer, if you get rid of the deep "polystyrene" moulding that sits on top of the spare wheel and use a moulding that goes around the top edges of the spare wheel well you can have a full size spare without issue. The is also a fibre moulding that you can get that sits in/on a full size spare

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 12:55   #5
Rog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

The two part moulded thing, does this have the Rover, MG and Land Rover logo on it? If yes this is probably the wheel chock.

Rog
Old 29th January 2019, 16:42   #6
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

I want to know how any of this stuff is going to fit in the boot.
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 17:29   #7
chillyphil
Gets stuck in

MGZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
I want to know how any of this stuff is going to fit in the boot.
The tourer boot is a thing of beauty, I think it was designed by Dr Who!!!

chillyphil is offline   Reply With Quote