Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th March 2019, 18:37   #161
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Today

It was my first ever Rover meet and I would like to thank everyone involved for a great day out. It was really nice to meet some fellow members. Thanks so much to Peter and all who helped with my car.

Jennifer
Raven Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 18:54   #162
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

As others have said, a very well organised event and thanks must go to all those whose time & effort went into making it happen (Reebs and others).

Very well done to Matt (Cable Tie) for the best ZT award - I know a lot of effort has gone into that car and it certainly is a credit to all your hard work, and to Eric who very deservidly won twice with his stunning & rare Londbridge edition - well worth the trip across the water !

Was great to catch up with some old faces again, a thoroughly enjoyable day
Old 24th March 2019, 18:59   #163
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Just to echo the previous comments: Another great meet, with full marks to all involved in the arrangements and special thanks to Ian for arranging the amazing weather. Clearly he has friends in high places ! I'm still puzzling over how Actros managed to park up nearly 50 cars on a plot for 30 .

Great to meet up with friends old and new, as well as finally putting faces to some familiar forum names

Congratulations to CableTie for bagging best MG, and, of course, to Eric for best '75 and best in show - an impressive achievement under very trying circumstances .

I took a few photos of the day, and will endeavor to post them up in the next day or so once I've sorted through them all.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 19:22   #164
oxfordblue75
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon 1.8T

Thanks too everyone for a really enjoyable meet today and congratulations to Matt & Eric on their much deserved awards.
oxfordblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 19:29   #165
RoverRick

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks to Reebs and all other organisers who made the day run so well. Great location, superb array of 75s & ZT's and lots of friendly knowledgeable folk to talk to as well. Me and dad had a great day! Has made me realise how much more I could be polishing and attaching burr walnut trim panels before the next meet!!!
Rick
RoverRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 19:59   #166
Marmy6
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club Saloon

Thanks to everyone involved in organising the meet today, great location, great company and great weather.
My car was born at 12:57:11, Tuesday September 11th 2001.

33,005th 75 of 112,381
1,140th 75 CDT Club out of 3,403
2,457th 75 in White Gold Metallic out of 12,251.
Marmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 20:11   #167
3disco
3disco

ROVER 75 CONN TOURER CDTI and ZTT V8 SE LPG

I can only echo all the above well done to the organisers and well deserved winners.
3disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 20:19   #168
LimoRog
Loves to post

1 MG ZTt 180+ Monogram Caledonian Tourer, 1 LWB,1 Contemporary Tourer,2 Hearses & 3 Six Door Limo's

Default Announcing The 27th Owners Club National Meet 24th March 2019

Thanks to all who organised and attended today Sorry I couldn’t stay. Great to see some old friends and meet new ones, even though I was over the other side on the gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LimoRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 21:03   #169
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
As others have said, a very well organised event and thanks must go to all those whose time & effort went into making it happen (Reebs and others).

Very well done to Matt (Cable Tie) for the best ZT award - I know a lot of effort has gone into that car and it certainly is a credit to all your hard work, and to Eric who very deservidly won twice with his stunning & rare Londbridge edition - well worth the trip across the water !

Was great to catch up with some old faces again, a thoroughly enjoyable day
Am I right in thinking yours was the very early Dorchester saloon currently under restoration? When I first saw it I must confess I thought it was just another tired old '75 (), but then I read the booklet that had been left on the bonnet and wow!

The work involved to get it to it's current state is impressive to say the least, and I find it quite humbling to think that there are folk who are prepared to take these projects on board and who have the skills to bring them back to life.

I'm so glad you took the time and effort to bring it along to the meet, one of the highlights of the day for me

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 21:20   #170
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Am I right in thinking yours was the very early Dorchester saloon currently under restoration? When I first saw it I must confess I thought it was just another tired old '75 (), but then I read the booklet that had been left on the bonnet and wow!

The work involved to get it to it's current state is impressive to say the least, and I find it quite humbling to think that there are folk who are prepared to take these projects on board and who have the skills to bring them back to life.

I'm so glad you took the time and effort to bring it along to the meet, one of the highlights of the day for me

Cliff
Indeed it is Cliff, and thanks for your kind comments - our two cars are clearly at opposite ends of the condition spectrum !! But you'd never believe how many hours I've spent on it so far, just to get it to the position you saw it in today...

They are an awful lot of work when they've been neglected for so long and bigger wallet is needed as they get older, just to keep them useable.

But I'd wanted an S-reg for a while, so wasn't going to miss a Dorchester, however bad it was