Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th May 2019, 17:30   #101
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
Re-shelled?
Original shell was too rotten so have had to swap everything off a 1961 ex rally cooper

Sent from my DUA-L22 using Tapatalk
Old 5th May 2019, 15:29   #102
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

The mini deserves to be done properly.
No disrespect but you’ve had it 5 years and not done a lot to it by the looks of it it should have been done properly and all painted prior to rebuild I’m sorry but to me it looks a mess.
The welding on the floor is nothing short of shocking and needs ground out and redone properly.
Engine bay and engine should have been cleaned up painted etc prior to being put back in not hit with a rattle can.
Heater switches etc look corroded as well take its been sitting outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5th May 2019, 17:28   #103
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

There's another 5 years of work there.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 20:57   #104
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
Re-shelled?
Exactly! There is nothing Mk1 or Cooper or 1961 about that Mini. Like to see more pictures of it but it looks like a mid to late 80s mini to me
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 08:31   #105
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Exactly! There is nothing Mk1 or Cooper or 1961 about that Mini. Like to see more pictures of it but it looks like a mid to late 80s mini to me
It has a mk1 a badges and hinges it's be taken so long cause it's been looking for its parts all old stock from the 60s I just don't see the point putting mk1 stuff on till resprayed interior everything mk1 new mk1 rally dash

Last edited by ROVER2003; 8th May 2019 at 08:49..
Old 8th May 2019, 08:48   #106
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
The mini deserves to be done properly.
No disrespect but you’ve had it 5 years and not done a lot to it by the looks of it it should have been done properly and all painted prior to rebuild I’m sorry but to me it looks a mess.
The welding on the floor is nothing short of shocking and needs ground out and redone properly.
Engine bay and engine should have been cleaned up painted etc prior to being put back in not hit with a rattle can.
Heater switches etc look corroded as well take its been sitting outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lots been done the 5 years has been buy parts from old stock stuff for mk1s the welding is bad because my dad has been teaching how to weld it won't be perfect first try it was a shell with nothing originally and every panel rotten no front end

Old 8th May 2019, 09:47   #107
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

One project at a time comes to mind.
Today I’m fixing the seats on my Streetwise as it’s raining and it’s nice and dry in my kitchen! Next week I will go back to my project, a 1997 VV Polo.
No more cars until the VW is fixed and given back to the family that asked me to do it.
Have as many cars as you like but just do one first. You’ll learn stuff from that one project that will help you do the next and the next and so on.
Old 8th May 2019, 10:05   #108
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
One project at a time comes to mind.

Today I’m fixing the seats on my Streetwise as it’s raining and it’s nice and dry in my kitchen! Next week I will go back to my project, a 1997 VV Polo.

No more cars until the VW is fixed and given back to the family that asked me to do it.

Have as many cars as you like but just do one first. You’ll learn stuff from that one project that will help you do the next and the next and so on.
That's why the mini keeps getting put on hold to work on another car

Old 8th May 2019, 12:22   #109
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
It has a mk1 a badges and hinges it's be taken so long cause it's been looking for its parts all old stock from the 60s I just don't see the point putting mk1 stuff on till resprayed interior everything mk1 new mk1 rally dash

In the photo it has late model internal hinged doors and a late model bonnet badge. You are searching for original mk1 parts to put on it? I'm afraid that doesn't make it a 1960s Cooper. I've done similar myself with an 87 mini city with mk1s badges, grille, rear lights, rally dash etc but although it looked the part it wasn't nor did I ever pass it off to be the real deal. The mini community are very knowledgeable and spot a fake easily. I think you just have to say you are building a replica Cooper, much more honest?
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 14:14   #110
ROVER2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
In the photo it has late model internal hinged doors and a late model bonnet badge. You are searching for original mk1 parts to put on it? I'm afraid that doesn't make it a 1960s Cooper. I've done similar myself with an 87 mini city with mk1s badges, grille, rear lights, rally dash etc but although it looked the part it wasn't nor did I ever pass it off to be the real deal. The mini community are very knowledgeable and spot a fake easily. I think you just have to say you are building a replica Cooper, much more honest?
and for the mk1 side panels to make it a mk1 if you look you can see the hindges somewhere and i still have the logbook off the rotten mk1 NAS 707 and if you read instead of jumping in a thend i said its orignal shell was too rotten the reason it has a later bonnet is so the car engine and bulkhead doesn't rot and engine seizes

Last edited by ROVER2003; 8th May 2019 at 14:19..