Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th May 2019, 16:23   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Rover 75 / MG ZT Heated Windscreens Batch Order 2019

ROVER 75 / MG ZT HEATED WINDSCREENS BATCH ORDER 2019! LAST CHANCE TO GET ONE!

ORDER DEADLINE: 31 August 2019.

Hi all, some of you may have seen or remember last year I organised a group batch order of heated windscreens for the Rover 75/MG ZT. After putting out some feelers, there is enough interest to go ahead for one final batch run of these heated windscreens. In order to go ahead with the manufacturer, there needs to be a minimum order of 10 windscreens in this batch.

These heated windscreens are made to order and are manufactured at the same factory as the ones used by Ford, so these heated windscreens are the real deal and not some cheap or inferior copies. I myself have these installed on 3 of our cars and over the last winter they have been absolutely fantastic and couldn't be without them now. We also have 2 Fords with heated windscreens and in comparison the screens are identical visually and in performance.

On a cold winter morning the heated windscreen is fully defrosted within 2 minutes to the point where the screen can be cleared using the windscreen wipers. The heated windscreen also comes in handy to clear the condensation on the inside and the outside.

In order to keep costs down, the heated windscreens are only available in one design which accommodates the auto wipers rain sensor. If you do not have rain sensor wipers this is not a problem as the windscreen will still fit, it'll just mean you'll have a blank space where the rain sensor would normally be.

PRICE:
The heated windscreens are £247 each.

SHIPPING:
Shipping in the UK is £60. These can be shipped outside of the UK, if you'd like a quote let me know. There is also the option to collect the windscreen from Tamworth once they're ready which saves on shipping cost.

PAYMENT INSTALLMENTS & DELIVERY:
This will work the same as last time. The payments will be split into 2, a 50% deposit of £123.50 when ordering, and then the remainder + shipping (if required) when the windscreens are finished and ready for shipping.

The order deadline is 31st August, when the order will be sent to the manufacturer. The manufacturing and delivery process takes around 2 - 3 months, so arranging a group batch order this time of the year would mean they'd be ready in time for winter.

WIRING & FITTING:
I won't be including a wiring kit or a fitting service this time due to time restraints, however I will supply instructions with a list of all the items required to wire the heated windscreens up. A timer relay, 2 standard relays, 2 inline fuse holders with fuses and wiring is all that's required to wire the heated windscreens.

There are 2 set up options for the heated windscreens, you can either have the front heated windscreen linked to the switch for the rear heated windscreen so that the front and rear screens turn on together, or alternatively if you have space on the switch panel on the centre console, you can use an extra heated seat switch as a isolated switch for the heated windscreen.

THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BE THE LAST BATCH ORDER FOR THESE HEATED WINDSCREENS, SO THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE TO ORDER ONE.

ORDER DEADLINE:
The deadline for ordering and paying the deposit is 31st August 2019.

Message me if you're interested in ordering a heated windscreen

Cheers
Rick

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 8th July 2019 at 12:30..
Rick-sta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 16:32   #2
handyjackdaniels
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 v6 in firefrost red

Well done for starting another group order of these Rick,

Well worth investing in one of these, easily clears the screen within the two minute cut out and easy to wire up with the necessary parts.

Steve.
Old 29th May 2019, 17:58   #3
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Cheers Steve
Old 30th May 2019, 21:27   #4
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Great job. Any chance you can find out if they'll do something similar for rear tourer screens?
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 22:37   #5
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
Great job. Any chance you can find out if they'll do something similar for rear tourer screens?
Are the rear Tourer screens No Longer Available?

Thanks,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2019, 23:23   #6
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I just had a new screen fitted a couple of weeks back. One of these would have been nice but to be frank, the demist/defrost capabilities of my 1.8 are so efficient, l couldn't justify the extra money.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 17:56   #7
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Well worth the money, as has been said it de ices a screen in 2 mins and is much better the scraping.

The thing you must be aware of is the amount of electricity they need, 45amps for a couple of mins is not the end of the world but you will need good gauge wire, relays and a timer that switches it off after a couple of mins.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 20:49   #8
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post

Thanks,
Glenn

As far as I know they are NLA and the heating element seems to be one of the first things to go by all accounts.
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2019, 12:18   #9
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post

Thanks,
Glenn
Quote:
As far as I know they are NLA and the heating element seems to be one of the first things to go by all accounts.
Yes the rear tourer screens are no longer available new from anywhere. I am however still working with the manufacturer of these heated windscreens to try and have new rear tourer screens manufactured. They believe they should be able to manufacture them however they are struggling to find the design for them in their catalogue, so I have sent them a tourer rear screen as requested by them to see if they can find the design based on measurements taken from the screen I've sent them
Old 8th July 2019, 12:30   #10
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Default Update

Hi all, I'm pleased to announce we have enough interest to go for a final batch order of these heated windscreens. We needed a minimum order quantity of 10 and we have just over that many interested. It's very likely this will be the last batch order I will organise for these. I very much doubt I will do another batch after this one, so this is the FINAL CHANCE to get one.

The price for the heated windscreen is £247 and the deadline for ordering is 31st August 2019. If you'd like to order, I'll be taking a 50% deposit of £123.50 by the order deadline (31st August) and then the balance + shipping will be due once the windscreens are ready to be shipped. The manufacturer process takes around 2-3 months so the windscreens will be ready to ship around late October/November just in time for winter. There is the option to collect the windscreen from Tamworth which would save postage cost.

Shipping in the UK is £60 (if you're in Northern Ireland let me know as I will have to check if the shipping is the same to there). These windscreens can be shipped outside of the UK, can provide a shipping quote if needed.

If you're still interested in ordering one let me know 🙂