Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th June 2019, 12:13   #1
Johnsie

Mg zt

Default Cdti cutting out whilst driving

Morning all,
Wondering if I could pick a few of your minds been having a issue on and off over the past week with the cdti where as il be driving along and the car would cut out car would start straight away most of the time sometimes it would take a few seconds to fire and then cut out amediatly or sometimes it would continue to run I plugged in toaf to which it brought up a error of "ews desynchronization" I believe.
I cleared it and the car ran fine for the past 2 day until yesterday I drove to work fine parked up in the carpark left the car idling for a minute or 2 the car then cut out and wouldn't restart (turns over) until I got out locked the car then unlocked it it then started on the button, plugged it in when I got home from work this morning and Iv been presented with a fueling one on the engine side of things and errors on the ike side of things none of these were there before (the glow plug one allways pops up) so I tend not to take any notice of that, sorry for the long post but could anyone shed any light on these and suggest a fix car runs spot on apart from this.
I can't seem to post pictures so the codes are as follows
1260 pre-supply pressure monitoring
Bf-ike-eeprom error coding incorrect/incomplete
F4 can-bus 244

Thanks
Johnsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 12:57   #2
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

first thing id check is the plenum drains and make sure its not full of water.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 13:32   #3
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
first thing id check is the plenum drains and make sure its not full of water.
Agreed. Also, I think the EWS module is susceptible to water damage if there is a leak inside the car. My memory is quite defective, but it might be behind the kick panel below the driver's side A pillar. If you can find it, check the plug contacts first for corrosion.

Good luck,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 15:24   #4
Johnsie

Mg zt

First of all thanks for your replays gents,
The plenum is dry get checked on a regular basis plus it had the bottom of the tube cut, but I check it regularly never seen any water in there, it's done this on a dry day aswell, yeh your correct the ews is under the dash driverside I will check it but Iv had it out a couple times since owning the car as the ecu and the ews was sent to marinabrian as I had a non starting issue when I first had the car this cutting out problem has started over the past week,
I'm hoping marinabrian see's this thread and get in contact (Iv tried contacting him through here with no luck) if any of you have any further suggestions then I'd appreciate it I will check the ews connections to be sure aswell
Kind regards
Mark
Old 6th June 2019, 17:48   #5
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to glow plug error or pre-supply pressure monitoring,

Glow plug relay often shows up on six out of every 10 cars I put on T4 also pre-supply pressure monitoring can be triggered just by turning the key to position two and leaving it until it times out causing a code
Cambus error is more relevant, just out of interest does your car have a sunroof fitted ? I presume when cranking the needle on the rev counter moves slightly indicating that the crank sensor is getting a signal ruling that out.
Presumedly it doesn’t make a great deal of difference if it started cold or hot, as sometimes I can see cam sensors fail when they’re hot.
If you disconnected the fuel filter fuel monitoring sensor it should trigger 4 bar in old money as a default value, I don’t know if you have any equipment to measure that, on a two pump system I would expect to see around 3.6 bar in old money.
One other thing to consider is injector leak back, have you done a leak back test ?

Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by Mickyboy; 6th June 2019 at 18:15..
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2019, 21:13   #6
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie View Post
Morning all,
Wondering if I could pick a few of your minds been having a issue on and off over the past week with the cdti where as il be driving along and the car would cut out car would start straight away most of the time sometimes it would take a few seconds to fire and then cut out amediatly or sometimes it would continue to run I plugged in toaf to which it brought up a error of "ews desynchronization" I believe.
I cleared it and the car ran fine for the past 2 day until yesterday I drove to work fine parked up in the carpark left the car idling for a minute or 2 the car then cut out and wouldn't restart (turns over) until I got out locked the car then unlocked it it then started on the button, plugged it in when I got home from work this morning and Iv been presented with a fueling one on the engine side of things and errors on the ike side of things none of these were there before (the glow plug one allways pops up) so I tend not to take any notice of that, sorry for the long post but could anyone shed any light on these and suggest a fix car runs spot on apart from this.
F4 can-bus 244

Thanks
The three codes you describe here are

P1260 Pre delivery fuel pressure too low for starting......automatically generated when the LP fuel pump(s) time out.
Second one sounds like the instrument pack checksum is incorrect, so a message centre with digital speedo enabled
CANBUS 244, a failure to communicate on the canbus to the DDE4.

I would do a leakback test first of all, t's a bit strange about the data packet error between the DDE and the EWS, most unusual

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 18:35   #7
dinky d
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdti conn F/lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie View Post
Morning all,
F4 can-bus 244

Thanks
I had similar problems,turned out to be high pressure pump seals.thanks to Lee on here,problem solved.
dinky d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 07:16   #8
Johnsie

Mg zt

First of all thanks for getting back to me IV not had any notifications to say anyone had replied, not long after I made that post the car ran perfectly without fault until 2 days ago and it's now doing the same but with more errors, car cuts out whilst driving and will sometimes start itself if you leave it in gear with the clutch out sometimes you will need to start it with the key there's a relay under the glovebox that clicks aways whilst it's Trying to cut in and out and a couple.of times it would flash up on the screen "engine malfunction" drove perfectly on the way home from work, plugged in toaf and got the following errors
1DF5 electronic car communication system (ews)
3510 DDE main relay

Either the bcu or ipk (couldn't remember what menu I was in) came up with errors aswell which follows
A0-front wiper delay sense input

And either the ipk or bcu came up up with some errors which are
BF-IKE-eeprom-error coding incorrect(invalid working area)
F4-can-buss 244 open circuit (sporodic error)

Thanks for your reply toy previous problems and thanks marinabrian perhaps I could send you the screen shots IV taken of these codes?
If anyone has any advice I'm all ears as I said it's only started happening again so I never proceeded to dive any further into it last time
IL keep checking back to see if anyone has replied,
Thanks again
Mark
Old 10th August 2019, 19:30   #9
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Mark.
It sounds like your ECU as been for a swim or is now swimming, one way or another its got wet the fuel relay chatter is a give away.

Check out the link below.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=207490

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote