Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th June 2019, 12:06   #21
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Neal - PM sent.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 15:12   #22
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

I bought my 2001 2.5 L Connie SE Auto Tourer in 2014 and I have spent around £8500 on it (including labour) in that time. I appreciate it's a good chunk of money, but the car has been absolutely reliable at all times and I like it a lot! What could I possibly get for that kind of money that has the comfort, style, level of accessories and impressive handling of a Rover 75 tourer? My only gripe is that despite me trying to take the best care of it that I can, inevitable wear and tear takes its toll on the bodywork and fittings. But then, it all still works well and the car cost me all of £850! That purchase price is included in my total maintenance cost. I am aware that the belts will need doing again at the end of next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
It is the same story for any old creaker.

The repair costs not just in time and monies, its the emotional toll it takes too.

Its funny seeing people on youtube, one guy called Hoovies Garage who keeps buying these old knackers to "rescue" as such, (he loves his cars) and ends up pouring thousands into them! You never get a return, unless you are shrewd and are restoring properly sought after classics.

I probably sunk £1500 odd into refurbishing most of my car, and that was with me doing all the work, lord knows what a garage would have charged.

Problem for is is that the estate car I want is £24k at the moment, and that is silly money to throw at a flaming Passat DIESEL estate, so the ZT will be my motoring companion for some time yet.
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote