Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th July 2019, 19:23   #11
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

I get them all the time. Ask for photo evidence and they will send you all sorts lol! I kept a Nigerian person hooked for weeks!
Photos etc came and I just asked for other things and they were expecting my bank details!
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 22:17   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Many years ago, when I used to dabble with shares, not millions you understand, I had a phone call from an American guy, who told me he was selling some shares on behalf of a bank. They were an ‘unrealesed stock’? Of a leisure company. They were going on the market in one months time. 5 shilling shares sir, that I can let you have for 3 shillings. Ok. Hhhmm interested not. Don’t do deals like that on the phone. Pretended I was interested, and the bull started about how many ‘they’ had sold. ‘ How many would you like sir? ‘ How many could you let me have? Well normally investors are having £20,000 worth at this bargain price. Ok I said,’can you post them to my address’? Certainly sir. ‘I will put a cheque in the post, and can you send them to my appartment in winson green prison, Birmingham please? Phone went dead so my investment never took place, the coward.
Old 13th July 2019, 09:41   #13
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
I am in Benidorm at the moment,received an e-mail yesterday for my friend and neighbour. He uses my e-mail to insure his car. He had a bump with his car some weeks ago and agreed with L.V. to accept £1100 if he could keep car and replace bonnet,only damage. this he has done.The e-mail yesterday was L.V.? asking for money back has other party has now changed their plea to not guilty.
He is on holiday with us,and he is a worrying type so i will not tell him until we go home next week. Then we can phone L.V.directly.It looks like a scam to me.
I doubt Liverpool Victoria (or any other insurance company) would ask for the £1100 back once they'd paid it out.

Their phone numbers are quite well hidden - eventually found some here https://help.lv.com/app/answers/list/p/21/
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 14:22   #14
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan
Thumbs down

I wish I had a dollar for every one of these types of emails I have received over the years, I have also had a great deal of people die with my surname in Jakarta and Thailand that were gazillionairs and wanted me to have the money.
The amount of so called Lawyers in Nigeria that have pleaded with me to become wealthy through a legal transaction is outstanding and even the world bank wants me to have millions. The widows of dead doctors who want me to help them spread his wealth, I must be so lucky. But I does amaze me when I read of people who send there life savings off to these people as they believe it to be true.
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 20:03   #15
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Yeah this guy keep calling me https://youtu.be/LA3zhzT1wDo
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote