Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th August 2018, 11:46   #1
1133rob

Rover 75

Default Placing Rover 75

Hi,

I have always had great advice on forums - so can I just say thank you to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Can anyone please help me place this Rover 75 in the sales market - I have looked on ebay etc and there appears to be a huge price variation.

It is an 06 plate with 71,000 miles diesel - I think its a cdti classic

I bought it for my dad in 2011 from a retired judge and it had 30,000 on the clock. My dad owned it until he passed away in 2016 and my sister has owned it ever since. My dad was very particular about his cars and it was waxoyled and re undersealed not long after acquiring it.

It has just been serviced / mot and has full service history.

It has rear parking sensors and a set of rear mud flaps that I scoured the earth for.

It is in wine red and in fantastic condition - unfortunately I am unable to upload a picture - they do not do it justice.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best regards Rob
1133rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 12:04   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

You need to be a subscribed member to advertise a car for sale Rob Sounds nice though
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 12:06   #3
1133rob

Rover 75

Thanks for the reply - No problem subscribing but I need a starting price and how do you add a picture
1133rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 12:08   #4
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Use a hosting site like Imgur or Flickr etc
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 12:14   #5
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1133rob View Post
Thanks for the reply - No problem subscribing but I need a starting price and how do you add a picture
Subscribe first then you can sell it. I'd hate to think you were trying to get a price idea and then were to sell it elsewhere? The subs are very small for what you can get from this site
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 13:40   #6
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Quote:
Hi,

I have always had great advice on forums - so can I just say thank you to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Can anyone please help me place this Rover 75 in the sales market - I have looked on ebay etc and there appears to be a huge price variation.

It is an 06 plate with 71,000 miles diesel - I think its a cdti classic

I bought it for my dad in 2011 from a retired judge and it had 30,000 on the clock. My dad owned it until he passed away in 2016 and my sister has owned it ever since. My dad was very particular about his cars and it was waxoyled and re undersealed not long after acquiring it.

It has just been serviced / mot and has full service history.

It has rear parking sensors and a set of rear mud flaps that I scoured the earth for.

It is in wine red and in fantastic condition - unfortunately I am unable to upload a picture - they do not do it justice.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best regards Rob
Hello Rob.

The car sounds a nice example, however to sell the car on here you will need to subscribe to be able to advertise the car on the For Sale Section.
Old 14th August 2018, 15:29   #7
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Quote:
...…..and how do you add a picture
When you are writing in the "new post" text box , look at the tool bar above the box . There is an attachment tool there . You can then browse for your photo and upload it to your post.
Old 14th August 2018, 18:22   #8
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi, Rob, as you say there is a huge variation in price asked, and without going to see other similar cars to see how they really compare, you won't know where it belongs, but by the sound of it, somewhere between £900 and £1,500. Then it's down to getting really good pics, as many as you can, preferably taken on a sunny day in a nice location (polished red always looks good against a green grass background), and close-ups of any minor blemishes - if it has any - just to show folks (Is that as bad as it gets?) If the wheels are clean and scrape free, show good pics of each one - it shows its been carefully driven, likewise the drivers seat bolster - a good indicator of how many journeys, stop/starts a car has done. Don't use tyre black, just make sure they are clean. Then give a detailed description of it's service/maintenance history, without being flowery. 'Ex-judge's car' is a better heritage than 'used by my sister for last few years' - sad, but true. You need 2 or more people to really want it. Don't forget to mention '131bhp bullet-proof BMW engine with timing chain. If I'd known that, I would never have bought my second Audi! Good luck!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 23:17   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I made a spare key for this car a couple of years back, and at the time it was a very well sorted car, in arguably one of the nicest Mk2 colours, Firefrost.

It's a Classic SE, with Axis Tuscany interior, and PDC.

From what I remember of the car, I'd say given the mileage and condition, around £1900 would be a fair price.

Good low mileage diesels are thin on the ground, and bearing in mind that some people are attempting to sell cars with higher mileage, with little in the way of toys for considerably more than this, this would make someone a nice car

If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to cast my eye over the car, and give an unbiased opinion as to it's current condition

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 21:25   #10
Davethepaint
Regular poster

Rover 75 club cdt se

On Gumtree absolute stunner ��

Last edited by Davethepaint; 15th August 2018 at 21:26.. Reason: Misspelt
Davethepaint is offline   Reply With Quote