Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th September 2018, 18:05   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default HMS Queen Elizabeth 3 part series - the Flat Tops saga

With apologies to OP Borg Warner on recent closed thread.
At your suggestion I've started my own...and it's a different subject since I was accused of going off the last one!
I had no intention of highjacking your thread nor raining on your Fleet Review (errr.....raining on your parade) and I had no idea an OP could request a Mod to abitrarily close a thread - why post in the first place!

Not starting an arguement and I wholeheartedly wish new QE all the very best on her flight trials with US F35B/Lightening II's and her all British great grey hulk. It's not a work-up, just a trial so let's see how they do together. Pause, wave of flags, bit of a Royal Marines jingle off stage left and steady boys steady.
BS complete, now get real time. Carriers are big juicy targets that certainly are not built for stealth. They require protection screens and radar pickets and in the final analysis high capability back stop self defence. There ain't no redundancy in just having two - one on station (wherever that might be) and one in port resupply/maintenance/repair/leave - given a major disagreement and the one on-station is just disabled you cease to be a carrier force; two on station and one off-line could work, better if we had four.
Not having enough of what goes to make up a task force makes going to sea in real earnest (a seriously risky thing in itself) just plain folly, an exercise in very expensive scrap.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote