Old 28th February 2024, 05:05   #173541
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Evening all.

Been a bootiful day. Glorious sunshine. But best of all I donít have to use my crutches if I donít want to. Managed a walk out onto the decking this morning and this afternoon I managed a short walk from my front door up to where Banana is parked. Was a bit chilly in the shade, but it still made me feel so much better in myself.
Good morning Bob

Does that mean you are full weight bearing without crutches and can you do stairs or start driving?

Is the electric hospital bed ready to be returned?

Go carefully.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2024, 05:12   #173542
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
As promised...

A few more of the Aston Martin DB9
Good morning Jeff, thank you for sharing the photos of the Aston Martin. The internal photos must have been difficult to take from inside the back.

How is your week looking?
Old 28th February 2024, 05:33   #173543
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Another three hours of my life wasted waiting for BT to do my latest "upgrade"! Appointment originally for Tuesday 8-10am, they "changed" it to Tuesday 8-10 am (via email) ????? Sat till 10-30 am and no show, so phoned them. Wait, "You are in a queue, Your call is important to us" (so if it is, just pick up the phone!). Get through to a menu, choose option, another menu, choose option, wait ................. finally get a chirpy chappie who needs to verify my details and sends a code via text, submit code, put on hold, checking file, put on hold, "Our engineer couldn't complete the work today, so you need to re-book!" Try again next Friday!!! ..................... and I am paying them for this "service"! I've had similar with British Gas too (trying to do a service on my boiler that isn't due until May - smart meter hasn't worked for years). It seems that anything with "British" in the title is going downhill rapidly! Rant over! Have a nice day y'all!
Good morning Mike

I stopped moaning about BT after I left them 2 years ago and went over to one of their subsidiaries. Then last summer the quality of the phone line was rubbish, so on the anniversary of the contract I pulled out of using the line for the phone and just have the line for internet only. I understand your frustration over the use of the title British. Years ago British Airways gave me lots of problems so now I never fly with them. During the pandemic I had accumulated 46,000 plus air miles and because I couldnít use them BA took them away. That was the last straw. They are slightly cheaper to fly direct from Nairobi to London but I refuse to fly with them on principle. They used to be a great airline.

Thank you for answering about your connection with Eire and for telling us you are related to Irish royals in your heritage, that is quite a thing.

My Grandfather was a blacksmith and had his own forge in Ennis Co Clare. I still have a connection with family in Eire. I sometimes think about getting an Irish passport.

Itís great news to hear your Mother is doing well, hopefully things are looking up.
Old 28th February 2024, 05:34   #173544
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning all, how is everyone?
Old 28th February 2024, 08:21   #173545
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's cold & damp with more rain on the way

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2024, 08:34   #173546
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Mike

I stopped moaning about BT after I left them 2 years ago and went over to one of their subsidiaries. Then last summer the quality of the phone line was rubbish, so on the anniversary of the contract I pulled out of using the line for the phone and just have the line for internet only. I understand your frustration over the use of the title British. Years ago British Airways gave me lots of problems so now I never fly with them. During the pandemic I had accumulated 46,000 plus air miles and because I couldn’t use them BA took them away. That was the last straw. They are slightly cheaper to fly direct from Nairobi to London but I refuse to fly with them on principle. They used to be a great airline.

Thank you for answering about your connection with Eire and for telling us you are related to Irish royals in your heritage, that is quite a thing.

My Grandfather was a blacksmith and had his own forge in Ennis Co Clare. I still have a connection with family in Eire. I sometimes think about getting an Irish passport.

It’s great news to hear your Mother is doing well, hopefully things are looking up.
I got another email from BT at 4 something o'clock this morning (the 28th), saying that my broadband installation was moving from the 26th to the 27th!!!! Suitable response sent back!

You couldn't make it up, could you?

EDIT:- Call from BT. We don't need an engineer. It's all been done at the "box"!

Last edited by roverbarmy; 28th February 2024 at 10:43..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2024, 08:36   #173547
roverbarmy
This is my second home

I'll pass on the DB9. It's got too much dirt and rust on it! James should have got odd job to clean it!
Old 28th February 2024, 10:51   #173548
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Jeff, thank you for sharing the photos of the Aston Martin. The internal photos must have been difficult to take from inside the back.

How is your week looking?
Don't know what you mean.....Loads of room in the back

Aston Martin DB9 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 28th February 2024, 10:53   #173549
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I'll pass on the DB9. It's got too much dirt and rust on it! James should have got odd job to clean it!
Dirt err....Yep, rust......not so much

All reflected in the price it might fetch at auction. I'll pop the link up when it goes live Just in case
Old 28th February 2024, 11:09   #173550
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Dirt err....Yep, rust......not so much

All reflected in the price it might fetch at auction. I'll pop the link up when it goes live Just in case
A six litre? As we used to say in Yorkshire "Aye! Three white leets at front and three red 'uns at back!"