Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th April 2024, 14:29   #1
Howiem

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Airbag Light and other issues

Hello,

I’m currently sorting a few issues on a 75 CDT saloon. The car belongs to an elderly friend who, due to ill health, hasn’t been able to use it much and had to move home. When I was visiting him, I noticed a lot of condensation on the windows and it transpired the boot was full of water…. Fast forward 4 months, I have the car in my garage and have dried it out. 55 litres of water removed, new rear light seals, boot and back seat stripped out, lots of vaxing and a dehumidifier! While it was drying I wirebrushed the front and rear subframes, rust treated, painted and waxyoyled them, serviced the brakes and fixed several other niggles.

The problem I have is the airbag light is on. I have checked the under seat connectors and they are in good nick. In doing so, reconnecting the battery has caused the mileage to jump to 999999 ! I have downloaded Toaf and made up a lead and the readout for the SRS is saying:

9001 - Supply Voltage: Low voltage
9000 - ECU Internal Error

9000 - ECU Internal Error
É 9005 - Ignition circuit ICO (Airbag Driver): Short to Ground

9041 - Ignition circuit IC1 (ITS Front left): Short to Ground
9045 - Ignition circuit IC2 (ITS Front Right): Short to Ground E 9009 - Ignition circuit IC3 (Airbag Passenger): Short to Ground $ 9033 - Ignition circuit IC4 (Sidebag Front Seat Left): Short to Ground E 9037 - Ignition circuit IC5 (Sidebag Front Seat Right): Short to Ground # 9013 - Ignition circuit IC6 (Belt Pretensioner Left): Shört to Ground

In the meantime I have taken the seats out and removed both side impact sensors. The foam backing on the carpet was still damp, so more drying out required, but there doesn’t appear to be any visible damage to the sensors.

The car is very low mileage - 39K but Toaf also says it’s done 650000 km so I’m a bit dubious about the info it’s giving me.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I’d like to hand it back ready to roll!
Howiem is offline   Reply With Quote