Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th October 2019, 17:14   #1
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts
Default Car sale.

Just been told there is a MGF for sale in next street to me. Know nothing about it other than it's a 1800 petrol. Any one interested i will find out price and put up some photos.
P.S. Just been over to look at it, W445ADW Red Convertable 71,000mls last M.O.T.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.

Last edited by jackatesme; 5th October 2019 at 17:48..
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 20:18   #2
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Right now, MGFs are about as cheap as they can get. If its head gasket has been replaced properly, and it's not rusty, you could get a fun little car that will only appreciate. 1.8i is less complex/more reliable than VVC, but the tractability and power of the VVC makes it the best to drive. Hydragas suspension gives ride comfort to a superbly balanced sports car. Makes an MX5 feel ordinary!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 10:35   #3
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

F or TF is a choice you make after driving both. Personally I prefer the TF hence why I bought one last year. Just make sure its been well looked after.

Front suspension arms are £65 each and will rot if not protected. To fit then you have to drop the front sub frame a few inches to get it done.

Make sure the head gasket has been done and had a few years to see if its been a good job. I would not trust a gasket that was done a month ago. Might just have been a poor job and other problems may still exist. Mine was done in 2010 so had 8 years of unblemished performance.

As always, buy the very best one you can afford. A £700 bargain can soon turn into a £2000 car. When I bought mine the bills proved that the owner had done everything possible to keep it in top condition. He wanted £1895 and we agreed on a deal for £1500. All it has needed is the basic service items and a new pair of rear brake pads. It’s so reliable We we’re happy to do a 900 mile tour of Wales and Ireland last summer. Furthermore having room front and back for luggage makes it almost practical too. I looked at the Toyota MR2 but there was no storage at all and therefore no good for a big trip away.

The drive and handling is a revelation. Enjoy.