Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th March 2009, 22:39   #21
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Sorry, it is the blue one for the CD, the green one is for the low line navigation in the original set up.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 07:14   #22
Master Gunner
Avid contributor

Starlight Silver 2005 Facelift 75 CDTi Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Coupland View Post
cut pin one to prevent the phone mute and transfer the steering wheel control wires from the green mini iso into the grey main iso, blue/orange to pin 2 and blue/purple to pin 3.

For the cd you need to take the blue mini iso out of the loom supplied and swap it with the (empty) blue mini iso already in the car. This means cutting the connections on the loom supplied and splicing them into the existing wiring in your car. From recollection the connections to make are 1 purple wire(power supply), 2 black wires(earth) and 2 red/white/yellow wires(kbus). You can then plug in the cd player.
Cheers
Neil
Neil, many thanks I'm happy to go down this route and cut pin one, the only thing that I didn't have clear was the transfer into the grey main iso, blue/orange to pin 2 and blue/purple to pin 3. Do these replace existing wires or are they spliced into them? Sorry if I seem to be missing something.
Old 5th March 2009, 08:15   #23
Neil Coupland
Gets stuck in

Range Rover Sport, MG TF 160 Aubergine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Gunner View Post
Neil, many thanks I'm happy to go down this route and cut pin one, the only thing that I didn't have clear was the transfer into the grey main iso, blue/orange to pin 2 and blue/purple to pin 3. Do these replace existing wires or are they spliced into them? Sorry if I seem to be missing something.
They replace the existing wiring. From recollection one of the two pins was empty and I had to use a pin from the harness that came with the symphony. I can take and post up some pictures of the final connections if it will help but it won't be before the weekend.

hth Neil
Neil Coupland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 08:24   #24
Master Gunner
Avid contributor

I'm pretty clear on what needs to be done now, thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how I get on. I was going to attempt it today but somethings come up so it will have to wait until Sunday.

Cheers.
Old 5th March 2009, 13:48   #25
Master Gunner
Avid contributor

I found an hour this afternoon and installed the symphony without a hitch. Steering wheel controls work fine and I've wired the K Bus into the CD Changer loom ready for when the changer arrives from SMC. A nice neat job if I say so myself (it's a while since I've had to use a soldering iron!).

Thanks for all your help gents, I would have been lost without the expertise from the forum.

Quick update; CD changer arrived and installed... Perfect!

Last edited by Master Gunner; 5th March 2009 at 14:55.. Reason: Update
Master Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 17:17   #26
Neil Coupland
Gets stuck in

Range Rover Sport, MG TF 160 Aubergine

Well done, I'm pleased it all works
Neil Coupland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 16:41   #27
SDP

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Gunner View Post
They are part of the original loom which disapears into the depths of the bulkhead.

I’ve trawled the forums and thought I had a good idea of what to do from Duotone's 'how to' however I didn't expect to see the loom configuration that I have. The absence of a 75 facelift (2005) wiring diagram does not make the modification any easier and I am probably at my technical limits just splicing and connecting wires so I can feel a trip to my local audio centre coming on.
Thanks for the help so far and sorry once more for hijacking the thread.
What is the purpose of the loose wire (red/grey?) towards the upper left side of all those connectors etc? My radio has stopped working and this loose lead is a mystery, i.e. Loose on my car and loose on that image.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote