Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th February 2011, 10:05   #21
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Well knowing that information makes me believe that the buyers trying a fast one........it cannot be code enabled so whats his game.....

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Cheers
Jim
Hiya Jimbo.. What makes you think it cannot be code enabled.? The one i bought was and i had to get the code for it... As Madone said, it is a 4 digit code. Poppy
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 10:18   #22
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwh74 View Post
UPdate

WEll he is now reporting me to ebay because i have not supplied the wiring to the changer ( never stated that it came with one ) and because he doesnt have a radio code.

Dear trickytrees74,

hi can u tell me wots happening with radio code and also lead went to fit it today and still requires radio code can get it unlocked in stoke for £15 will u send this as a refund to me and i will get it done my end and if we can come to an arrangment about lead or will maybe contacting ebay many thanks i have done everything u have asked

- rover75ajp
Reply in your email program or through My Messages

My question is this... How did he know it wanted a radio code if he only fitted it "today"?????

I have told him i will refund him the £15 he wants for a code when i get proof by pictures that it wants one. He cant even give me the proper seriel code for it.

Come on rover75ajp - are you a member on here, please let yourself be known to me

Hiya John. I have taken a look at the feedback that you left the buyer so that i could look at the listing. I think that regarding the code you are in a pickle because you do show the radio working.. Although, as you have said, you did not realise it needed a code. As for the lead to the changer, you did not state that it came with a lead, or do your pics show it being included. As for the price..£50...God, i paid £120 for exactly the same thing as he has just bought, although mine did have the lead... But no code... The seller said that they would pay for the code if i sent proof that i had had it decoded... I got it done for a tenner as i say and suggested that the seller paid half...A fiver. All sorted out in the end, no bad feeling or bad feedback from me... Not sure if you are going to get the same from this buyer regardless of the outcome...He should think his self lucky he has got such a bargain.!!!!!! Suggest that if he cannot give you the proper code in order for you to get it decoded, which you have offered, to go MGRover.org and get in touch with MGRovercodes himself and that you are willing to pay for the decoding...Poppy
Old 26th February 2011, 16:18   #23
baconbuttyman
Banned

i too have taken a look at the listing, tbh mate, just get him to return the item via Recorded delivery, imho, the listing could be taken both ways, you say it was takes straight out of your car and that it is fwo, that could inply that it could go straight into another car, there fore requiring no further leads etc, i know you never advertised it with a lead, but it could be implied. get it back, relist and sell for more
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 16:34   #24
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hiya Jimbo.. What makes you think it cannot be code enabled.? The one i bought was and i had to get the code for it... As Madone said, it is a 4 digit code. Poppy
Sorry Poppy I don't think you read my post fully. I asked John if the Symphony in question had ever had the battery disconnected from it, if you read his reply you will see that it had been on a couple of occasions - therefore the unit in question is not code enabled and should work without a code.

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 16:54   #25
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

John I've also had a look at your listing, I can't see a problem with it, you were just selling a Symphony and a compatible CD changer that's what's been bid on and that's what been won. I do wonder however why you didn't remove the changer wiring at the same time as it wouldn't have been needed with your upgrade.

I'm starting to wonder how the buyer has managed to install it and then came to the conclusion that it needs a code, as in your case it obviously doesn't.

If I was in your position I'd be liable to refund the buyers money if he was prepared to return it at his expense just so I didn't get caught up in a eBay/PayPal dispute.

EDIT: on reflection the buyer may well have damaged the unit and that's why he thinks it needs a code so I'd be a little careful and ensure it was still working if you do accept a return and if not take a claim against him. I only mention this as I had a similar problem when I sold a sat nav via eBay - I still won my case however.

Hope you get it resolved mate.

Jim

Last edited by J1MBO; 26th February 2011 at 17:05.. Reason: further thought
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 17:10   #26
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Sorry Poppy I don't think you read my post fully. I asked John if the Symphony in question had ever had the battery disconnected from it, if you read his reply you will see that it had been on a couple of occasions - therefore the unit in question is not code enabled and should work without a code.

Jim
Hiya Jim. Oooooh, now i understand.... Hey, should be used to me getting things mixed up by now... Poppy
Old 26th February 2011, 17:19   #27
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
i too have taken a look at the listing, tbh mate, just get him to return the item via Recorded delivery, imho, the listing could be taken both ways, you say it was takes straight out of your car and that it is fwo, that could inply that it could go straight into another car, there fore requiring no further leads etc, i know you never advertised it with a lead, but it could be implied. get it back, relist and sell for more
Your right it could be implied that way, but if you are not sure by looking at the pictures and do not see any leads then you would ask before buying

Quote:
I do wonder however why you didn't remove the changer wiring at the same time as it wouldn't have been needed with your upgrade.

I'm starting to wonder how the buyer has managed to install it and then came to the conclusion that it needs a code, as in your case it obviously doesn't.

If I was in your position I'd be liable to refund the buyers money if he was prepared to return it at his expense just so I didn't get caught up in a eBay/PayPal dispute.

EDIT: on reflection the buyer may well have damaged the unit and that's why he thinks it needs a code so I'd be a little careful and ensure it was still working if you do accept a return and if not take a claim against him. I only mention this as I had a similar problem when I sold a sat nav via eBay - I still won my case however.

Hope you get it resolved mate.

Jim

Hi jim

The reason i didnt take out the wiring is because when i look the changer out, the wiring is all connected to an in car kit which someone has made a mess of it. All the in car kit is still there just tucked under the glovebox and it would of caused more problems trying to take it out.

I have already been in touch with ebay before he does, lets see what they say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hiya John. I have taken a look at the feedback that you left the buyer so that i could look at the listing. I think that regarding the code you are in a pickle because you do show the radio working.. Although, as you have said, you did not realise it needed a code. As for the lead to the changer, you did not state that it came with a lead, or do your pics show it being included. As for the price..£50...God, i paid £120 for exactly the same thing as he has just bought, although mine did have the lead... But no code... The seller said that they would pay for the code if i sent proof that i had had it decoded... I got it done for a tenner as i say and suggested that the seller paid half...A fiver. All sorted out in the end, no bad feeling or bad feedback from me... Not sure if you are going to get the same from this buyer regardless of the outcome...He should think his self lucky he has got such a bargain.!!!!!! Suggest that if he cannot give you the proper code in order for you to get it decoded, which you have offered, to go MGRover.org and get in touch with MGRovercodes himself and that you are willing to pay for the decoding...Poppy
Hey Poppy

I have no problem paying for a code but seeing that he cannot provide me proof it needs one (because it doesnt ) then i am not going too.

He is trying it on - thing is he is trying it on with the wrong person.
Just going to see whether he replies and what ebay say

John
Old 26th February 2011, 17:56   #28
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
... seeing that he cannot provide me proof it needs one (because it doesn't) ...
John (and everyone),

I think I can shed some light on this.

MG Rover's manual confirms that the Symphony is programmed at the factory with a four digit security code which will be required after disconnection of the power supply. However ...

... it also says that the security code function can be disabled. This can be done by the user without special equipment, but only after entering the correct code! Once disabled, the code function can be reactivated without having to enter a code. It's theoretically possible that your buyer accidentally reactivated the code function when connecting the radio to his car. If he then temporarily disconnected the power supply (perhaps because the wires were tangled), it would ask for a code thereafter.

Having said that, he should be able to photograph the LCD displaying 'CODE', as you say. The fact that he hasn't done that is suspicious.

Simon.
Old 26th February 2011, 18:59   #29
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Your right it could be implied that way, but if you are not sure by looking at the pictures and do not see any leads then you would ask before buying
John
I have to say i would probably assume the wire was with the unit too, i advertise laptops and dont always say there is a charger, but there usually is, if there isnt then i do tell the buyers
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 20:09   #30
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
I have to say i would probably assume the wire was with the unit too, i advertise laptops and dont always say there is a charger, but there usually is, if there isnt then i do tell the buyers
Have you heard the saying...to assume makes an *** out of U and Me

To be Honest Mick it didnt cross my mind when i put it on auction.

Not heard anything from him today as i think he realises he has been busted