Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th July 2023, 07:41   #171041
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's like monsoon season here, It's been raining heavily for most of the night & still chucking it down, I'm dreading going into the garage as I reckon there will be water in there with the amount of rain it's put down in the last twelve hours

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 07:49   #171042
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Morning all, I went to the Gretna meet yesterday with Brian, was quite a good day with a couple showers of rain throughout the day. Was a good day because I knew quite a few numbers who I hadn’t see for a little bit more than 3 years.
I had a little chat with people I used to chat with from previous meetings, but it was sunny and quite warm for most of the day.
Back to the usual not up to much today.
Old 17th July 2023, 07:54   #171043
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

I can’t understand who the continent of Europe’ is continuing to increase its hot weather ,yet the UK is continued to be wet every day for next two weeks.
Old 17th July 2023, 08:39   #171044
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Europe is welcome to the hot weather, high 30s-40+ degrees ain't for me.

Just had a visitor. Sitting in the lounge when a wee bird (Sparrow I think) flew in, not just into the kitchen like they usually do, this one flew straight thru the kitchen and swung round into the lounge and sat on top of the unit. Couldn't catch it but persuaded it into the kitchen where, after a few minutes, it flew back out the door of its own accord.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 09:03   #171045
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Europe is welcome to the hot weather, high 30s-40+ degrees ain't for me.

Just had a visitor. Sitting in the lounge when a wee bird (Sparrow I think) flew in, not just into the kitchen like they usually do, this one flew straight thru the kitchen and swung round into the lounge and sat on top of the unit. Couldn't catch it but persuaded it into the kitchen where, after a few minutes, it flew back out the door of its own accord.
Good morning all, good morning Steve

I quite agree with you about the heat and thank you for showing the little bird kindness.

I have a mix of good and bad news.

I chatted with Rod this morning and he has given me permission to reveal to his friends here, that he has Parkinson’s Disease and with this he has trouble writing because of shaking hands. Life is full of challenges and Parkinson’s is one of them for which there is no cure but there is medication to relieve the symptoms and to prolong life. When the chips are down and one is down on your luck, you certainly know who your friends are. So I hope people will remember to stay in contact with Rod so he doesn’t feel isolated and so alone, thank you.

In other news, Jessica has done exceptionally well since having her hip replaced 5 days ago with a new one following a fall in a car park 7 days ago.

This morning Jessica is being discharged home

The hospital has postponed my operation until 02 October. The whole of August and the whole of September is fully booked. This is something which the surgeon doing my operation cannot control and I have to accept it.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 17th July 2023 at 09:07..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 09:10   #171046
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

That sounds good about Jessica Phil, it will be much better for her to be at home for you to help her get better. How are you today?
Old 17th July 2023, 09:22   #171047
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
That sounds good about Jessica Phil, it will be much better for her to be at home for you to help her get better. How are you today?
Good morning Richard and thank you for writing. You are right about Jessica being glad to be back home.

I am disappointed the operation has been postponed twice by the hospital but it is something I have no control over. It’s because it is being done in a NHS hospital, privately, the profits go back to fund the NHS hospital.

Even private patients such as myself have to wait for a vacant slot, because emergencies and the over 80’s or children needing emergency operations are given priority, rightfully so. It is what it is and life must go on

Thank you Richard
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 09:33   #171048
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

I can imagine you must feel sorry having to put back the operate with Jessica being poorly and unable t walk far. Unfortunately it can’t be fixed, I am so pleased I was given the pacemaker so soon and hope it will continue to sort any low blood pressure and other things to manage my life. It seemed to work fine yesterday and I had a chat with Bluejon ,Derek,2 Diesels, Stocktake Dave, Terry TS Autos and a few others I hadn’t spoken to for a while. Brian got talk to someone with a ZT who went in and about what to do to his car, so my back was aching by the time setting home yesterday.
I’m hoping to go to the NEC in Birmingham with Graham in November, we just have to get together to arrange tickets for the Saturday and stop overnight and go for an Indian meal with the club on the evening, get the train home the next day.

Last edited by RPWC; 17th July 2023 at 14:48..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 09:44   #171049
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
thank you for showing the little bird kindness.
During good weather the back door is rarely shut, allows the girls to potter in and out so getting a wee bird visiting is a fairly regular occurrence but they usually just fly into the kitchen, this is the first one that has flown right into the lounge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I chatted with Rod this morning and he has given me permission to reveal to his friends here, that he has Parkinson’s Disease
Not great news but Billy Connolly shown it can be manageable . . . . up to a point I suppose. Pass on our best wishes please Phil.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 10:45   #171050
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning Phil, Sorry to hear about your surgery being postponed until October Great news about Jessica's improvement
What an awful illness Parkinson's is, I feel really sorry for Rod, He's much missed on the social forum.

The deluge has ceased & the sky has turned blue with a bit of sunshine so just been out to the recycling centre to take a load of rubbish that wouldn't fit into the wheelie bin. There is some ingress of rain water into the garage but nothing like I thought there would be, Two minutes with the wet vac & all's good.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote