Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th August 2018, 08:23   #21
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerthan23 View Post
Hi, I do have a spare as I found it in the deepest depths in my garage and also some spare 75,zt keys aswell(wee bonus) I don't have a battery that size to check it's working and yes when car is at a standstill it should Rev round to red line or limiter not hit the 4000rpm brick wall, the fuel pumps vp30 are on many cars as I had a spare off a Ford Focus and used the timing solenoid off it and put it on my mg zs diesel and it cured the tractor syndrome and car runs perfect, I also removed the tuning box and Sdi injectors aswell as don't drive ours like you stole it and can get really good mpg out of it, if you buy it just let me know and I will post them to you or if you are getting Brian to code for you I can post all the keys to him(if ok with Brian) as the spare 75/zt keys are no use to me and will hopefully help other members out.
Hi.. I have indeed bought it. For better or worse. Lol

So you have tuning box and sdi injectors as well?

I am a little confused about this maf less remap as when I asked him who mapped it / company he said it was just a local mate who did it for him?

Also engine light has just come on and it's only the 3rd time I've driven it. Hope I haven't bought a lemon?

And my god does this thing rattle when at motorway speed or if the road isn't 100% smooth.

Seems a lot of road noise too. Did rover forget to put sound dedening in the ZS or something? wonder if it can be made a little quieter ?

Think I've been spoiled by the ZT because this ZS seems more like driving a van by comparison.
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 10:15   #22
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

There is actually a good thread about soundproofing in the ZS section of the XPower forum. To be honest I find my facelift 45 L series rattles it's teeth a bit (not the engine particularly more some bits of trim and things in the glove box etc) until it's warmed up then it's fine. I would go so far as to say it's actually quite refined at motorway speeds and actually at speeds over 65 wind noise is considerably less than in my 75.

I find the suspension and handling pretty good on standard 45 suspension and 15" wheels, it certainly didn't disgrace itself on Welsh A and B roads a few weeks ago and I don't tend to hang about admiring the view.

Mine is big standard at the moment and I thought it was a bit gutless until I ran a bottle of Forte injection cleaner through it and turned off the AC when the compressor failed. That actually made a surprising difference to performance! I have been talking to a company in Yorkshire though who say they can map the standard engine to about 135bhp and when time allows I will be popping over.

I actually rather like mine, it is more basic than a 75 or a ZT in terms of creature comforts but I find that makes it actually feel more fun If a silver ZS 180 body kit came up at a reasonable price though I would find it hard to resist....

Last edited by mystabe; 18th August 2018 at 12:17..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 13:25   #23
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

One thing I have discovered is that if you have black half leather seats (a huge improvement over the standard facelift 45 ones by the way) then Rover 75 headrests are an improvement on the ZS ones. If you get them with smokestone piping it matches up with the stitching on the seats rather well and if you tilt them forward the headrest ends up about an inch behind your head rather than 3 or 4.
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote