Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th September 2008, 22:08   #1
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Default new vis but still shakey

hi i replaced my power vis which i was advised is faulty. i feel the glide again and hear it to. also im prity sure the clattering sound is gone .she almost feels like when i got her minus the leaking coolant smell . the reason i say almost is because i still have this shakey feeling when its idling. let me elaborate a little before when i first got her i used to have the look at the light cluster to know if she was running .also when switching her off she wud go down nicely. but now when idling i know when she is running as i feel the vibration even when i look at the reflection in my mobile phone (not of myself) but of things i can see i see them shake in the reflection. when switching her off she doesnt go down nicely it feels like maybe like she wants to stay on a bit hard to discribe but im sure someone knows what i mean. i started getting this shakey felling when i gave my car in for the rh and lh strut brearing change and also the idle puller some cog in the driver side of engine. would any off these thing cause this shakeyness and switching off problem. to be more specific what is this systom called ? what would cause it ?perhasp vacuum leak i dont know but all i knoiw is she aint running right but shes getting there. i dont wanna give up on her as i love her to bit but it would be nice to have her back properly thanks again for you time hope for any informatiuon regards this

Last edited by prits_uk2002; 29th September 2008 at 23:33..
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 10:37   #2
courier118
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+

Have you checked the rear engine mount?..Its very common for this to go.It causes vibration on idle and a thud/knock on acceleration/decceleration.Its a cast alloy bar with 2 rubber bushes in it,one small,one large.Usually the rubber splits causing the above problems

Part Number KKH101383
courier118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 14:40   #3
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

thanks i understand what your saying im going back there today ill ask them to have a look, but for some reason i dont think thats it as when im switching the car off she dont feel right for some reason she sort of lightly judders down. i have got the part numbers and qty used when they did the job before the job was done she wants shakey judderey (when i say shakey i dont mind violently but enogh to see a folded peice of paper shake on the seat) parts and qty 1 X pqr100781 2 X rnr100090. i take it that the rnr part is the same used for either side right or left can anyone confirm? in anyones previous experiance if having these part replaced would i get what im getting ?perhasps something had to come out and not put back in right? what else would need to come out when changing the parts discribed. im sorry to be a pain but i just want her running right again i will check the mounts as mentioned thou
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote