Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th January 2014, 13:55   #41
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsalad View Post
The dash was my first love of the 75 back in 2000 ish, specifically the shape and design of the clocks. I wanted one from then on, but couldn't afford one until last year.

I agree - it was definitely the unique styling (for a modern car) of the dashboard - with its art deco dials which I first fell in love with when I sat in the car when at the Earl's Court Motor Fair. For many years, it was only the dashboard that I could have afforded!

The extraordinary thing is that although the car never looked ultra-modern, as the years go by, neither does it seem to look dated - testament surely the excellent all round original design.

Given that we as drivers spend more time in the car than looking at the exterior, the importance of feeling relaxed behind the wheel which the 75s seem to generate is probably more important than ever, given the stress/tedium of current driving conditions.

Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 20:33   #42
-Joe
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Classic SE 1.8T

Default reason for getting the 75

I've always wanted my own dreadnought and the 75 is an admirals cabin for the roads . Ok, mine has the pansershiffe engine.
-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 23:55   #43
ferguson_tom
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

2k budget and needing a diesel estate car went trawling through autotrader very limited to peugeot, citreon, ford estates with high mileage when i sore my now car the zt-t cdti on 54 plate with 80000 miles but needing a new clutch. car purchased and clutch put in just within the 2k budget.

I have always been a petrol head and this was the only thing that appealed to me due to its looks and like the fact its MG so got the sporting pedigree. Now i have got it i love the car and done quite a few tweaks already in the few weeks i have owned it.
ferguson_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 03:41   #44
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I was looking for a diesel automatic for under £2000 and found my car on autotrader. phoned the owner, went to see it, took a mechanic with me, checked the car out, and bought it..

The fact that it is a Rover was irrelevant really, I would have bought it no matter what make it was....
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 06:52   #45
Steve42
I really should get out more.......

mg 190+

Had to move a v6 in a garage years ago. First one the garage had in
Sat in the car and turned the tv on. And watched bbc1
That was it was hooked on the 75 from there on
What a car lovely inside, nice v6,big boot and a tv. What's not to like
Now after engine stuffed up in the first one. And my second one has some problems. I am wondering why did I ever sit and drive that car all them years ago. Lol
Steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 07:28   #46
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Initially bougth as a project car to digg into the mysteries of the K-engine, the car was bougth really cheap with a "shot" engine. The plan was to sell it after repair but felt into love with it just a couple of weeks after i got it up and running..... on the 3rd year now and also added a V6 auto to my fleet last year....
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 07:48   #47
Mikeal1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDT

I had a Rover 25 as my first car as it was cheap to insure. Then bought a Vectra 1.9 SRi. That died last week which made me look for another car. I needed an estate as I've just started my own business.

My dad owns a 75 and I've always liked the style and luxurious feel it offers, so I looked at a few Tourers, I finally found mine 2 days ago, very cheap in price (I don't think the seller knew what he had) it runs very well.

The only problem is..... I think I've already caught the modification bug.
Mikeal1 is offline   Reply With Quote